Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what the problem is? my headlights/tails, gauge cluster lights seems to flicker when i ride and dim when i rev..im thinking there could be a short somewhere...help.pls.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My headlights/Guages Dim and Brighten as I rev Its normal!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
battery isnt up to par !

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That's what tipped me off to the rectifier crapping out. You better check it out before there's a big problem. Dealer will charge you an hour to chaeck and advise.($65-75)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same problem awhile ago... I would rev my bike up and all gauges would shut off and headlight would dim down bad. I charged my battery for a few hours and that took care of the problem. Haven't had the problem again. It could also be a bad rectifier(sp?) Which is located on the left side of your cdi box mounted to the frame. It's a greyish color with cooling fins. Good luck! If it's your rectifier check out ebay, they sell them there cheap all the time.

[ 06-02-2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: gsxrfever ]

·
Registered
49 Posts
No... I believe the rectifier(sometimes called a regulator) regulates the voltage. Not quite sure if that is the complete function or not

·
Registered
119 Posts
check your ground connection at the battery ...that was my problem..it vibrated loose and the lites started to flicker..hope its a simple fix...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts