Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm going to fit a powebronze undertail unit with fitted brake lights. Not sure what to do about turn indicators. Are there regulations that say they must be a minimum distance from brake/rear lights or from each other for that matter? If I could fit flush mounts to the undertail that would be great(if there is space), failing that, it looks like I will fit flush to rear tail or use micro units fitted to a no. plate bracket.

Thanks for your help.

GiZZeRR

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes there are regulations about minimum distance between indicators. Julia, Is your VT a grey Import?
You need to contact the HMSO for a copy of the regs which are listed under construction and use regulations, Lighting if i remember right which i probably dont.

The chances are that if it passes an MOT you won't be prosecuted so if its all there I wouldn't worry overmuch.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
While there is a regulation for a minimum distance, you would be extremly unlucky for it to be a problem unless you take the piss.

The way I look at it is this: car drivers don't need an excuse not to see us so mount your indicators so that they can be seen. If they're mounted sensibly no copper is goig to bother checking them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can find the room to fit them on the undertail...its a new bike so no MOT worries for next 2 years. If I still have it then and it is a problem, then I could disconnect the wiring and fit micro stem lights to a no. plate bracket to pass the MOT then whip them off afterwards

Cheers

GiZZeRR

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Think it could be 15 cm apart !
not sure tho

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a topline undertray with built in indicators and they are about six inches apart and have had no hassle of the law

·
Registered
445 Posts
i've just got meself a pyramid undertray does anyone no if the libertek tail lights will fit

will save the hassle of fittin the indicators

·
Registered
44 Posts
The indicator seperation only applies to bikes for type approval in the UK. If you change them after they won't fail the MOT test as long as they work. A pedantic copper may be able to issue you with a vehicle defect form under the construction and use regulations but I've never heard of anyone being done for this, there's always a 1st time though.

Your bike won't even fail the MOT test for a tiny number plate but you do need a rear red reflector.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ive just ordered a set of clear lens with LED bulbs and the indicators are fitted within the Lens,was worryed about the same thing regulations so i phoned MOT Station for advise and they told me should be ok,but iam sure you most have a reflector.....but saying that ive not and they still passed it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts