Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Lightech rearsets on your bike? It seems like the little elbow that comes off the rear brake master cylinder is very vulnerable. I'll get away with that on the street but on the track, I think it will become an issue. I'm hugely disappointed in this since other company's rear sets seem to protect the master cylinder. I paid more but got less, okay sorry for whining. Is there some sort of aftermarket guard for this that is available for purchase? Or does anyone have any ideas? I can make something, but it would be a whole lot easier to buy something.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone installed the Lightech rearsets on your bike? It seems like the little elbow that comes off the rear brake master cylinder is very vulnerable. I'll get away with that on the street but on the track, I think it will become an issue. I'm hugely disappointed in this since other company's rear sets seem to protect the master cylinder. I paid more but got less, okay sorry for whining. Is there some sort of aftermarket guard for this that is available for purchase? Or does anyone have any ideas? I can make something, but it would be a whole lot easier to buy something. View attachment 582966
Your choice of carbon heel guard, and a dremmel for cutting.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Lightech on my L8 GSX-S1000f, and yup - it is exposed.
I have Woodcraft on my L7 GSX-R1000R; and it has an optional heel guard.
I would think it would mount right on.
I see! Thanks for the idea. It looks like it would fit with not much effort. Do you think i should buy one and try?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve got the same rearset. I switched from OEM because of peg scratching on track. No more issue with this model.

Le lack of protection of the rear MC is not a problem for me. The boot does not touch this area.

My issue with this rearset is about the shifter. On normal shifting, no issue. On GP shifting (reverse cam), the angle between the rod and the lever is far from 90°. I tried to adjust the angle of the upper part, but if i go to far, the rod is touching the frame. That works anyway, but shifting requires a bit more travel for the foot.

·
Premium Member
2017 GSX-R1000R
52 Posts
My issue with this rearset is about the shifter. On normal shifting, no issue. On GP shifting (reverse cam), the angle between the rod and the lever is far from 90°. I tried to adjust the angle of the upper part, but if i go to far, the rod is touching the frame. That works anyway, but shifting requires a bit more travel for the foot.
Several companies sell a variety of shift rod pieces in different lengths that may alleviate the problem. I chose to replace the OEM with a HM Quickshifter / Blipper and bought some extra rods; and I am pleased with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Several companies sell a variety of shift rod pieces in different lengths that may alleviate the problem. I chose to replace the OEM with a HM Quickshifter / Blipper and bought some extra rods; and I am pleased with the result.
As I setup reverse shifting, the rod is touching the carbon part, and can't get the correct angle, as shown in the picture below :

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts