Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a gsxr 97 750 with 19k miles two months ago. With keeping up with routine maintenance and all, how many miles shouold i expect to get out of this bike. thanx

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
100000+ if all maintenence is maintained

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Well, Spooner has a 98 600 gix, and I believe he has 60 million miles on it..o.k. not milloins, but he has over 30k on it, and from what I've seen it still runs strong..my 97 600 had 23k on it before it got sent to heaven, and it ran great, w/o any problems....

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think you will have wear of parts like your rear suspension and failure of electric parts before the motor fails.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
in reality, less than a 12months from purchase i'm afraid

cus your bound to throw it down the road in a shower of scraping metal and plastic before then, just like i and others have done before you

lets hope you dont though eh !!

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by dan uk:
in reality, less than a 12months from purchase i'm afraid

cus your bound to throw it down the road in a shower of scraping metal and plastic before then, just like i and others have done before you

lets hope you dont though eh !!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your such a ray of sunshine....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If well maintained they should last forever i spose. Mate of mine has a 98 750 with 71000 kays on it and still looks in showroom condition. look after it an it will look after you

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
my 96 gixxer has 43000km's (maybe with a bitof speedo error, upto 10% out) I have used this bike for commuting, trackdays, weekend rides, riding in the shittiest weather u can think of etc and it still pulls like a train, the only major mechanical thing i need to do soon is replace camgiudes and cam chain.. i maintain it very weel, regular oil/filter changes etc, this thing should do 100,000km's easy..

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine had 40,000+ miles on it when I sold it to my insurance Co (don't ask). It ran great, I'd guess 80-100kmi+ if you maintain it well.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Yeah mine has 42,000 on it and I run it super hard-just use full synthetic oil and keep an eye on everything-

-Spooner

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I rebuilt my motor at 35K miles just cause it was a bit low on compression, But it ran great... And anyone that has been out on the road/track with me all know I am not easy on my bikes.. lol

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts