Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an undertail kit from hotbodies but I want to mount the license plate as far back as possible. I found some good spots behind the wheel/tire but I don't know if I should drill holes or use metal wire.
So I wanted to hear everyones opinion on this, and if you have you're license plate mounted behind the wheel/tire how did you do it and post close pics on where its mounted if you can.

Thanks

-Kevin

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Here is the plate with the Hotbodies unertail. I drilled holes in the undertail and mounted the plate as far down as possible.

I also installed Lite N' Bolt's to illuminate the plate. They worked out GREAT. I highly recommened them.

Let me know if you have any questions about the install. I put mine in last week.

Sorry about the flash reflection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well i put mine under the battry tray . got stoped twice on the highway not fun so i moved her backup behind the light ,what are you going todo they are on the lookout this year in nyc to bust ball and i dont want to get stopped again.good luck and ps i did put l.e.d.s on the plate still no luck . atleat no tickets whatchout on the b.q.e. undercovers are on the lurk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yup. but the magic worda are visible form a car behind. And most states require the plate to be visible and lit from 100 feet away. My friends that have their plate down on the battery box get pulled over frequently because it is not visible once you get on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.