Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone! I've been "watching" this site ever since I bought my bike, and finally decided to sign up and have a nice chat with you guys.

I got an 04' 600 and got a hotbodies undertail. I've been riding without a plate since a month (I know it's kinda retarded...) but I can't really find a nice (perhaps legal
) Licenseplate mount.
Do you guys know of any? Show me what's good!

Thanks for your help..can't wait to see what you guys know!

Mario

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Any other mounted location other than the general area of the stock location is probably considered illegal in most if not all areas. It really depends on the cops in your area though. Do they like busting bikers? If so, you better mount it well, but if you've been riding for a month and haven't been stopped for no plate, they probably aren't too bad in your area. I would say mount the plate down by the battery box/compartment or on the swingarm.....since I'm sure you don't want to drill any holes in the undertail.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The easiest place to mount your plate with out drilling is on your swingarm. It only takes about 5 minutes too! Take your chain gaurd off and use the screw from the chain guard to punch a hole in your plate. Next place the plate flush against the swingarm and reapply the chain guard. It's cheap, no drilling, and no rattles. It's very visible so you shouldn't have a problem with the authorities. Don't forget to punch a hole for the clip on the chain guard also. Hope this solves your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts