Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have R&G crash brings fitted on my engine mounts, but when I was changing the oil and filter recently I managed to strip the LHS thread.

I am thinking that the best option would be to try and fit a helicoil (or equivalent). Not sure how much access I have to drill out the old thread though..

Does anyone know the thread pitch and size for the LHS engine mount bolt? Or any advice on how to fix the mount!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a good search online and found out that the engine mount bolts are M10x1.25

Now need to find a suitable thread repair kit. Have been looking into it, and it seems that timesert is a better option?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't go with timesert in the end due to the price and the fact that this is a low torque mounting (40Nm). Went to fit the helicoil-like repair except of course the battery on my drill was flat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an OS . 25 FX motor mounted onto a Dave Brown glass filled mount.

I believe I've stripped two of the mounting holes. The right side screws go in nicely and tighten. The left side screws go in nicely, but don't tighten. I can get them snug, but they don't grip down tightly, just keep turning. I put some lock-tite on the screws last night, but I doubt that will hold forever.

Pretty sure they're stripped. Anyway to save these holes? I used a drill and a tap to make the holes and would prefer not having to make new holes or buy a new mount.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have an OS . 25 FX motor mounted onto a Dave Brown glass filled mount.

I believe I've stripped two of the mounting holes. The right side screws go in nicely and tighten. The left side screws go in nicely, but don't tighten. I can get them snug, but they don't grip down tightly, just keep turning. I put some lock-tite on the screws last night, but I doubt that will hold forever.

Pretty sure they're stripped. Anyway to save these holes? I used a drill and a tap to make the holes and would prefer not having to make new holes or buy a new mount.
This post is over 3 year old, dont know what your hoping for ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts