Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have L2 gsxr 1000 with 15000 KM. When i bought this bike had only 2300KM after that i haven't changed anything except oil. And i have -1 +2 sprocket. It had great torque and . In 2nd gear it was doing wheele like animal. Now i can see that when i am opening fully trothle it does not have same torque and cant make wheele well. Need your advice what could be the reason for a bit less power and torque ? I am not talking that its dead now and acceleration have serious problems but mabe 10 % less and thats reason for not good wheeles at 2nd gear even at 1 gear it have less acceleration and power that before .

Need your advices what could be the reason of it

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
Maybe you abused the bike too much and you're down on compression. Maybe your spark plugs need to be changed. Maybe the density altitude is permanently changed. Maybe your chain is too tight. Maybe Jesus isn't smiling down upon you. Maybe you more rapidly opened the throttle, now you don't. Maybe your tires spin instead of dead hooking.
Get where I'm going?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have L2 gsxr 1000 with 15000 KM. When i bought this bike had only 2300KM after that i haven't changed anything except oil. And i have -1 +2 sprocket. It had great torque and . In 2nd gear it was doing wheele like animal. Now i can see that when i am opening fully trothle it does not have same torque and cant make wheele well. Need your advice what could be the reason for a bit less power and torque ? I am not talking that its dead now and acceleration have serious problems but mabe 10 % less and thats reason for not good wheeles at 2nd gear even at 1 gear it have less acceleration and power that before .

Need your advices what could be the reason of it

I own an L3, have 94k on it now with -1 +2 gearing. I ride my bike every day regularly power wheeling in 1st including change up to 2nd often, without using the clutch for the change up to 2nd.

So as I power up in 1st and as the front begins to drop, clutchless change into 2nd everytime without loss of any power straight up on its rear without effort. I have enjoyed this trait on this bike for 94,000 klm worth of riding.

I will say though, it has definitely improved since I removed the SET.

Just make sure that your chain is constantly kept at between 20-30mm slack and that your throttle play is TIGHT...make sure you turn your bars left and right to check for throttle lock from over tightening.

Just with these basic checks and adjustments as needed will give you max response / performance to experience your girl. :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Yo! Gibster
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing