Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some states are already legal but Canada is just catching-up.

Any interesting stories from those of you who in areas which have already come out of the stone age?

I was a bit of a pothead when I was a kid, until someone clued me in to his consumption strategy, which made perfect sense. If you smoke a lot of pot, it takes a lot of pot to feel anything. A lightweight takes a little puff or two and feels the same effect as a pothead bogarting a fatty. As such, I've been a featherweight for the past 3 decades. I take a little puff-puff, exhale immediately, snuff-out the doob and keep it for later...

Anyway, it'll be neat as of tomorrow to spark-up a little spliff while walking around without fear.

Any stories about retarded rules will also be funny. EG it's going to be legal to buy and smoke here in QC but will somehow be illegal to grow yourself, for personal consumption. :wtf Gubment' wants your money.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
In Michigan we are looking down the barrel of recreational Marijuana use in November. Hopefully it passes. In the US (recreational states) , as far as i know, and definitely in Michigan (assuming it passes) you cant walk down the road smoking weed. Just like technically you cant walk down the road drinking alcohol. In Michigan you would be able to grow your own, purchase it from dispenseries and theres a maximum amount you can have at once. I think its a few ounces. Here in 'merica they are trying HARD to find a foolproof way of detecting whether or not you are under the influence. The way i see it is, the cops know they are going to lose the revenue of busting pot heads and making hundreds of dollars off of every joint they find, and they want to be able to find another way to make money off weed heads. Pot is tricky though, when it comes to influence/intoxication as it varies widely from person to person.

Last summer in Michigan the state police had a pilot program to detect drivers under the influence of drugs other than alcohol. It was pretty clunky though. They had a breathalyzer type deal but it couldn't distinguish between currently high, and smoked weed in the past day or two. The process was, an officer pulls you ocer, suspects youre under the influence of something other than alcohol so they call a DRE (drug recognition expert) who would come to the scene and investigate the state of the driver based on a booklet that they were trained on, and if they were confident you were under the influence, you wete tested with this breathalyzer thingy. It was real controversial and after the pilot, i think they killed the program. It was giving police too much room to abuse the system at the cost of the citizens.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I am a proud holder of a medical marijuana card :biggrin
Although NY is a bit behind compared to the other States where it's legal;in NY they do not sell "flower" at the dispensaries just THC/CBD oils and capsules. :thumbdown

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....you cant walk down the road smoking weed. Just like technically you cant walk down the road drinking alcohol.....
Here, smoking weed will be allowed anywhere smoking cigarettes is allowed and I’m not sure I like that idea. I can’t STAND the stench of the stuff. I’ve always bought it and converted it into honey oil, which has maybe 5% of the taste / stench of actual pot.

I kicked cigarettes 16 months ago and while I’m not anal about it, I hate walking through a cloud of someone else’s smoke. Combine that with the disgusting (imho) stench of pot and I can see a lot of people becoming justifiably irritated…. myself included.

They had a breathalyzer type deal but it couldn't distinguish between currently high, and smoked weed in the past day or two.
Yeah, I really don’t see how they can come to any kind of reliable / accurate conclusion about that. Here, they’re going to use some saliva test.

When you roll down your window and it looks / smells like a scene from a Cheech & Chong movie, there’s little doubt. But if an overly-zealous cop decides to test my saliva and there’s THC present from several hours ago (and I only take a little puff-puff when I smoke), I’d be furious if I were to be arrested, given the offense & consequences are as serious as DUI.

It makes zero sense to me that alcohol is legal but weed (generally) isn't.
Right? People get falling-down drunk, slur their speech, get aggressive or even violent… and can’t remember shit the next day. NONE of that happens with weed. In the WORST case of being stoned, you just raid the fridge and laugh at shit that isn’t particularly funny.

I am a proud holder of a medical marijuana card
Although NY is a bit behind compared to the other States where it's legal;in NY they do not sell "flower" at the dispensaries just THC/CBD oils and capsules.
They sell oil there? That’s all I smoke. Can’t stand weed’s taste and stench, as mentioned above. I hope they have it here too. Making it myself is a PITA and when people don’t do it right…. Well, whenever you hear about a house blowing-up and everyone inside dying, it’s usually someone trying to make oil without understanding the dangers of not doing it right.

I’ve been making my own for decades and I still have my eyebrows and everything. :cool

·
Super Moderator
15,066 Posts
I don't smoke (or drink) anymore but I'm all for it as an ex-stoner and gonna vote in weed's favor in our local elections coming up.

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all over the news now. Looks pretty neat. All kinds of shit but what I find neat is that each variety is described in type, THC content, intensity etc... and you can buy whatever you want. A 3.5, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz.... You can even buy just one rolled joint lmao:biggrin

Montreal is already known for tourism, food, beer, nightlife and strippers.There's now one more reason to make it worth putting up with the fucking frenchies.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/sqdc-first-cannabis-stores-stocked-poised-for-grand-opening-wednesday

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Wait, so they want $60cad fie an eighth of tangerine dream? Am i reading that sign correctly???

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, so they want $60cad fie an eighth of tangerine dream? Am i reading that sign correctly???
??? No, it says $25.60 for an eighth of tangerine dream. I think you've had enough, young man :lol

Holy shit, I drove past the one downtown on the way to work and there was a lineup that went around the corner and literally farther than I could see. There must be 200-300 people waiting to buy a little pot :eek:hmy

I think I'll give it a week or so before I bother checking it out.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Hahah omg. Lmao. Here in AMERICA, we use a decimal to separate dollars and cents. Lolol

Im really really hoping Michigan goes recreational this November. There's been no unbiased poll or anything but it seems pretty split down the middle with the baby boomers starkly opposing it, citing propaganda from the 60/70/80's and every one else thinking its not that big of deal. I do think it would be pretty cool to go in and shop around a weed store. Since i dont have a medical card, im not allowed in the building, even if i were with a cardholder.

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EDIT: the website is slow as hell being opening day and all. But we can order weed & anything else the sell online! If they also delivered pizza, I'd probably never go out again

https://www.sqdc.ca/en-CA/products?keywords=*&origin=dropdown&c1=products&clickedon=products

... with the baby boomers starkly opposing it, citing propaganda from the 60/70/80's.....

This is your brain

This is your brain on pot

Question for you, since you seem to have heard of the stuff, what would someone out there pay for an eighth or quarter of this 'tangerine dream'?

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
25-35 depending on who ya know amd how easily you can be swindled. I live in a medical state. Everyone grows weed. A majority of my closest friends all have grow rooms. All the weed has a name. I quit following the names. Two guys could grow the same strain and it would be completely different based on their technique so names dont mean much to me. As long as it looks n smells good, isnt wet (cuz they sell it prematurely) i dont really care. I wont spend more than $25 on an eighth tho.

Edit: my girlfriend is a bartender at a local dive bar. Shes friendly and pretty. Seems shes always bringing home weed that was just given to her. I haven't actually bought a bag in over a month

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I feel ya about all the stupid names. However, I just browsed their online store and ordered me an ounce of 'Pink Kush' which is the highest THC content in the store, with no CBDs, which I learned this morning is the element that is of actual 'medical' benefit, but which works against the THC.

I've never spent $250 on an ounce of weed before so this shit better be da bomb. Technically, two of these 15g packages adds-up to 2g more than an ounce but whatever. I haven't received my tracking number yet... and my phone hasn't alerted me about a CC purchase either. I think they're all smoking on the job over there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
250 is the average going rate around here. If you know someone, or are a star mover you get it cheaper. I know guys that claim to get ounces for $100.

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holy shit, that's crazy! My guy keeps telling me the names and I keep telling him 'I don't care about all the stupid names, just give an ounce of the best'. On the website, I did recognize the last one I bought from him "Blue Dream" for $180 / OZ. They only have eighths left in stock and they're at $24.50, so about the same as street price.

But all the above is in $CAD. $250 USD would be $325 up here!!!!! :eek:hmy

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Yowza! Thats steep. To bad theres this pesky things called customs. Could be lucrative for someone ballsy and or stuoid enough to try to move a quarter pound over the border.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Damn,thats cheap! In NJ,the particular dispensary my buddy uses charges $60-70 for an 1/8 and $120-140 for 1/4oz. But the strains are all top notch and they offer a high-THC Kush line which ranges between 20-28% depending on which you go with. :drool

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your friend pays $120 USD for a quarter and I'm paying $126 CAD for a HALF... shipped to my door. How cool is that?

The post office will be everyone's weed delivery service from now on. Kind of cool :biggrin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts