Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a used K8 600 a couple of weeks ago and noticed the a small amount of oil building up under the front sprocket. So I took the cover off and turned on the bike. Once it get to operating temperature, a small amount of oil will begin to bubble around the drive shaft bearing cover. From looking in the manual there is an oring that keeps a seal for that cover. I have not been able to find the part number oring or the cover. Is it part of the bearing? Here is the oring I am referring to. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Use the microfiche on www.ronayers.com it will have the part number and you can order it right there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have searched high and low and have been on multiple sites that carry the OEM parts and they all have the same images. The bearing (#29) is the one that seams to press in to the cover (second image).

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
#48 is the o-ring you need. This is a common leak on these bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did order #48 and it ended up being the the o-ring for the dust seal, in the image below. I am still looking for the o-ring for the driveshaft cover and my local dealer could not identify if the part can be ordered or if it is part of the bearing. Has anyone ordered this bearing? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
take the part along with the "0" ringie to an auto parts store house, they can prolly match it up? worth a try..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might just have to do that. I have called 2 dealers in the area and none of them have a clue what I am talking about. Except for a small shop by me was able to find it in the service manual, but no luck when he called his Suzuki guy. When I spoke to Suzuki customer servicethis morning, they directed me to the 2 dealers that don't know squat... Thanks guys.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
It's part no. 30 on the fiche for the transmission.

It's a common oil seal for a rotating shaft. 42X62X7 (all in mm). Most bearing outlets should carry one, but if you want OEM the part number is 09283-42018 SEAL,DRIVE SHAF (42X62X7)

And there is another smaller floating o-ring part # 43.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So every dealer I went to was unable to help locating this oring. Even the performance shops in the area weren't able to get a part number for it. So I pulled out the digital caliper and went to work. If anyone needs to replace this oring the dimensions are 2mmx102mm. I was able to find a replacement at theoringstore.com. The specs seem to be with in range to work with the bike. So far it has been holding up for about 2 months. Good luck...

http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_65_68&products_id=24155

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Went back and read your first post. Seems I got a bit lost reading the other ones.

That part number is 09280-68009 and a qucik search brings up the o-ring for 2006-09 600/750s.

Got me beat why the dealers couldn't find it.

At this website it is listed as O RING(D:1.9,ID:67.5)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts