Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down last night stuntin. Lost my balance at 12 o'clock in second at 45mph. Ex-immaculate bike came down on the left. Slider snapped off. Shaved & cracked that friggin case cover
, and gushed blood. Can I just swap on a new cover, or is there intensive work necessary to protect the bottom end from possible debri and it's ensuing damage?

[ 01-12-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Melampus... ]

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HAMMER...
During my search last night for replacements those WOODCRAFTS showed themselves. No joke, those are functionally gorgeous! I only see them for "00-"02. Do you know if they are made for my "96 750, and where I can order them? I hear you on the OIL FILL with a new filter. I figure I'll dump a quart or two down the oil fill with the case off so as to mildly flush any debri inside out.

SPONGEBOB...
No, I JUST WISH I LANDED IT!
Now my bike's down for at least 2 or 3 days!

[ 01-13-2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Melampus... ]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Melampus, we are woodcraft dealers and would like to help you get the best cover possible for the best price...give me a call and i will get you a price for the covers for your bike...thanks!!

dwayne

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Cycle Concepts:
Melampus, we are woodcraft dealers and would like to help you get the best cover possible for the best price...give me a call and i will get you a price for the covers for your bike...thanks!!

dwayne
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There ya go...

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
12 'o'clock eh? thats pretty late at night to be riding

thats your stator cover,make sur you use a new gasket

its easy to change,just make a note when you remove the bolts- some have sealing washers some dont ,be sure to put them back in the same place

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Should be able to stick on a new cover, and be good to go...ummm, maybe a some nice billet covers, like the woodcrafts would keep that from happening again..
They are used mainly by roadracers..to prevent that sort of thing..

To be safe, I'd do a complete oil change with a new filter...

[ 01-12-2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i bet you wished you had'nt done that stunt..

if the case is only cracked, should beable to replace.. if pieces are missing, id account for them..or you may risk that there in the engine...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CYCLE CONCEPTS...
Assuming I'm not contacted by someone tomorrow locally on gixxer.com, or my local speed shops have nothing for my application then I am ordering a left side cover & gasket in the morn. In regards to the WOODCRAFT's; I am in touch with another vendor already, and will be offering my business to whomever will give me the best price and the quickest shipping.

GIXXERUK...
Thanks for the tip about the sealing washers.

I hear you, "12:00 was late". I actually felt fine at 12:00, but it wasn't until it turned (pun intended) 1:00 & then I was done!

I know, I know... rear-brake. I tried just closing the throttle, and it doesn't work!

[ 01-13-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Melampus... ]

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To update anyone who's following...

I have been waiting on BUBBAZENNETY since 2 or 3am last night...
no I can't sleep with my bike all banged up!
I have heard back from [email protected] (he's ready this afternoon to ship) & Dwayne @CycleConcepts (needs till tonight to have an answer), as well as Skip from Ron Ayers. Ayers only sells stock parts, but did inform me that the "96 & "99 can interchange covers! I asked b/c this guy BUBBAZENNETY PMed me saying he's got his stock lid, but has not got in touch with me all day. I have left e-mails, a phone message & PM's. I hate to be so persistent, but I want to put my bike back together, and I'm sure $30 bucks in his pocket wouldn't hurt either! The dilemma is I need to order through Shawn by noon his time to get the overnight out, but I'd rather save the money and by the stocker tonight.
Always a dilemma! I really can only afford the stocker, but I have to get my bike back on the road as well to get to work. At the same time that WOODCRAFT is so functionally gorgeous! Whatever I decide, I gotta get this done quickly. I hate wrecking
! I frigin hate myself right now for this shit, and the worst part is all I want to do is go out practicing again. It frigin BURNS
me so bad that I dumped her!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now Shane has told me that WOODCRAFT does not make the left side cover, and the elusive BUBBAZENNETY has not showed hisself. Looks like I'm just gonna have to overnight the left-side cover direct from NRC for $105.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts