Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The throttle side bar end has a screw holding it in place......which is good......recently my clutch side bar end has gone MIA.......upon looking into the opening I have noticed that there is no bracket/nut inside the clip on to hold the clutch side bar end in place but yet all the aftermarket bar ends im seeing for our bikes have screws for both bar ends? So does the left side just clip in or did I also lose internal parts when the bar end vibrated off? :hammer

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I just worked on my left clip-on this weekend. The bar end is held on by a rubber piece that is squeezed between a bolt and the bar end itself. There's no actual fixed piece on the stock clip on that the weight screws to unlike some bikes so unfortunately if the screw works loose everything would fall out.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man, Thanks! So a trip to the dealer it is! Not that suprised......which is a bad thing.....Its these little things that just piss me off.....especially knowing how buzzy these bikes are why the hell whould they not throw a permanent fix inside the clip on????? Must be the same reason they did not finish the lower fairings either! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had the same problem but I caught it before it fell out. I ended up putting 3 metal washers in between the rubber grommet and the bar end. It allows you to tighen the screw more which squished the grommet so it pushes against the inside of the tube more.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
BadBoyBilly said:
I had the same problem but I caught it before it fell out. I ended up putting 3 metal washers in between the rubber grommet and the bar end. It allows you to tighen the screw more which squished the grommet so it pushes against the inside of the tube more.
good idea i just lost mine so im gonna try that :cheers

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
If you check the microfiche for the 600 or 750 there are five parts needed - the bar end itself, the screw, a washer, a bolt, and a rubber "expander". The whole shebang can be bought together (part #56200-41820) for around 30 bucks or piecemeal - but if it fell out you'll have to order the "Balancer set, handlebar" under that part number to get the whole thing.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was gonna order a set of bar ends from motovation anyway but now i dont know if motovation sends their own hardware besides bolts for the bar end.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.