Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lee\'s Dyno Comparison

Many say Lee's dyno reads high, so I had the bike re-dynoed at a local shop. The local shop has all new equipment and software, but the guys says it still reads about 5 h.p. low. So with the two dyno runs combined I have just come up with an average h.p. that sounds.... i guess more realistic with the mods done to the bike.

My average 165 h.p.

Lee's dyno 171.21 h.p.

ProStreet Cycles 163.95 h.p.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Lee\'s Dyno Comparison

Two differnent smoothing factors lee used 5 and your bottom used 3. The bottom graph says the cf is STD which is going to be few hp higher than SAE. Thier is no date and time, humidity, temp listed on the bottom graph and they will all effect the number. Are they in the same town? did you do them same day? what about elevation? if not, you cannot compare the two.

You can go nuts though, even if you use the same dyno operator. I have been from a low 166-178 mostly in the 175 range on my 1070.After I got the 178 reading, I took the following week to Gainesville and they had mobile DJ 250 and it was cool dry day and it made 183. I'm generally in the 175 range with almost 11k hard street miles on the 1070 and 248 dyno pulls. Well that was until I swapped out the Akra end can with Tusukgi 17" shorty
nice gains!

The Akra can is for sale. The heat and humidity even with the DJ correction factors which I'm not convinced they are really perfect are going to make a difference. The type of dyno, IE: 150,200 or 250 all seem to read a lil higher with each new version

We have a local shop here that has a state of the art dyno room with huge fans and they told me right off my bike will make more hp than the shop I use in Lake City which his dyno is out in the open and their is no ac, just a couple lil Home Depot fans blowing on the motor-more real world riding conditions.

If you really want to get it perfect, get a lamba or possibly one if the new Wideband commanders, weld the 02 bung and meter on your pipe. Go do some runs on a backroad or strip, download the info, than make the changes on the dyno than repeat. I betcha you will run faster cuz any dyno I seen cannot duplicate the ram air effect at speed. That's not to imply a dyno is worthless, it isn't, but you can expand on it with a wideband or similar device. I have not yet installed one but I know folks that have and their is a difference. I will though as soon as I can find someone who can weld the 02 bung in my titanium pipe.

Shop I use has dyno'd lee's built bikes and they were down compared to runs with the similar conditions at Lee's.BUT those bikes mph and wins at the track they have is what matters. They are winning!

Long rant, but their really is no exact dyno that is going to be consistent other than going to the track or doing your thing on the street and being consistent and winning.

Looks like you made nice gains on either chart with the mods listed

Rick

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Different location dyno runs. Lee's in Charlotte N.C. ProStreet Cycles in Richmond Va. The dyno runs where run a month apart. Lee's first after mods were done. Also Lee's run was done in a 5th gear pull and the other a 4th gear pull. Lee prefers to do his tuning and runs in 5th gear. Both runs the temps were around 85 degrees out.

·
Registered
493 Posts

have you got a power commender on that jaboe

i have plotted your dyno over mine and your torque upto 7000rpm suffers slightly
as low as 4k mine is almost 10lb/ft up

but after 7k yours hold onto its torque much better giving 75 lb ft right upto 12000rpm when by this time mine has tailed off to 67lb/ft

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Nope no PC, just remaped the stock ECU. Yes the mid range does suffer, and you can feal it. But once up top it really pulls hard and strong. I have been wondering how to correct this, but many have said the 750 intake cam is more for peak h.p. So I really don't know if a PC would really help much if any at all.

What mods have you done to your bike?

·
Registered
493 Posts

i think a pc3 would go along way with a custom map jaboe
mine torque curve had peaks and troughs before mapping now it is nice
would deffo fill them low down holes

im interested in doing the same mod as you but where i like to ride is throught the twisties where i need the grunt - im undecided -

if i could see yours after a pc3 it would be great - you got plans to fit one sometime soon

mine put out 161.1 and 81lb/ft with exhaust set off, straight through can, 750 short stacks x4 (2004 flavour) full crank breather pair mod pc3 usb custom mapped on standard gearing on top gear pull

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah I think I will invest in one real soon. Most of my riding is also in the twisties, so I know what your saying about that low and mid range grunt. I want it back
By the middle of next month I will have it straight. I'm really looking for another good tuner in my area. I would like to take it back to Lee's, but he is 4 hours away.

I will keep you informed on my results, and let me know about yours.

Chip Hunter I need some help man

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts

"smoothing factors" has nothing to do with performance on the graph...... it's all about how the "line" is drawn on the graph.

wideband is a joke, if you want a something real go to BPD and stop messing around.

Yes it looks like the bottom graph dyno operator has no clue on how to operate his dyno.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah the bottom graph was from a dyno shootout. The guy mostly does his work on cruisers, harleys. It was just a straight run...... two run warm up and final number run. Well it looks like I will be heading back to Lee's. I need somebody who knows what they are doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts