Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy some leathers, and I came across the sale at helmet depot. I realize these are a few years back design, but are they still ok, or are they crap? I was looking at the AGV Cyber and Astra.
Thanks...for $249 for full leathers, I had to ask.....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
wow...$249? i wish i knew if that was crap or not myself.
anyone know?

·
Registered
557 Posts
$250 not a bad deal,
hell I might buy like 4 sets and sell them on EBAY with the normal story line ----------
(I bought this suit for the upcoming track season and my bike was stolen, I have to get rid of the gear cause I don't have the bike anymore, brand new never worn top quality race leathers, still have tags on it MSRP $3,000. I'm selling for $500 my loss your gain).

Just fucking around - I would look at the AGV Laser 1 piece suits before buying those. They are pretty cheap as well, guess everyone is trying to get rid of old stock. Do a search and you can check them out. I could not find a picture of what the back looks like on them though.

For $250 it is still not a bad deal, make sure they don't screw you over on shipping cost or any hidden charges and make sure the sizing is correct before they ship them out, I have never bought from helmet depot so I'm not sure how user friendly they are

I do know that when most places get rid of old shit they are not willing to take returns or exchanges - they want to move it. So read the fine print

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
$250 not a bad deal,
hell I might buy like 4 sets and sell them on EBAY with the normal story line ----------
(I bought this suit for the upcoming track season and my bike was stolen, I have to get rid of the gear cause I don't have the bike anymore, brand new never worn top quality race leathers, still have tags on it MSRP $3,000. I'm selling for $500 my loss your gain).

Just fucking around

Are you sure that you were just joking? i will be watching e-bay now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't want to turn this thread in the wrong direction, but most of the stories on EBAY are around the same lines as I stated. Makes you wonder

I have bought some stuff off EBAY and they were good people to deal with and would deal with again. Most are honest but, there is alot on there doing scams (no proof just my .02). Guess it's like everywhere else - you have honest people just trying to sell there stuff for whatever reasons
and then you have shit bags trying to make a quick buck

Best way to sum up EBAY is = 1/3
1/3
1/3

(makes you wonder what 1/3 your next purchase is going to end up)

Got to love the icon thing they got here

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Those are the leathers made by corner. I checked them out a while ago (they are seriously old stock). They are very well constructed from what I read, but I don't know how that measures against today's suits. I also remember they run a bit small. Do a search on corner leathers and you'll prob find my old post.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
I was looking to buy some leathers, and I came across the sale at helmet depot. I realize these are a few years back design, but are they still ok, or are they crap? I was looking at the AGV Cyber and Astra.
Thanks...for $249 for full leathers, I had to ask.....
AGV are good quality leathers.
I wear them and they're a sponsor.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shame they have a no return poilcy, and the sizes run small. Not worth it for me to take a chance on them since the EU54 is close to the US 44 and that will be puching it for me.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Shame they have a no return poilcy, and the sizes run small. Not worth it for me to take a chance on them since the EU54 is close to the US 44 and that will be puching it for me.
I'm 6'-0" and weigh 210#. My AGV is a size 46 / EU56 and fits with a back protector under it. It is snug but not uncomfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts