Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched and could not find any opinions on either jacket. Iam looking at either a Dainese Tribal design or the Alpinestars Dyno jacket. Does anyone have any comments good or bad about either? The Dainese is more than the Dyno and I am trying to justify the cost to see if it is really worth that much more. Thanks for any feedback.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
al i have to say about both are great things, however the dainese is a little better and has better padding, bmf has the dainese and he has no complaints my frien justing has the alpinestarts and i've worn it, even though they are both great, i'd get the dainese.

·
Has Custom Title Envy
30,726 Posts
I can tell you about the alpinestars because that is what I have. It is a good jacket and held up very well in a crash. Padding is good and it will keep you in good shape if you ever go down.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about vents/breathability? Does Dainese have many pockets on it like the Alpinestars do? I am getting 1 of the 2 this week hopefully, getting cold in my other jacket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought the Dainese K jacket, no complaints yet. Kinda stiff, can't wait to get it all broken in. The armor is one of the best out there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a Vanson and love it. I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet (not fully, but dig test it in a ditch on night, slight high side). Joe Rocket is also some good stuff for the money. You will not want to deal with Motorace if there is any trouble with the Dainese. They are also pretty pricey comparitively speaking.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
You said the Dainese Tribal??? Are you talking about the Tattoo? If so this is the jacket that I have.

I love this jacket. It was stiff when I got it but now it is very comfortable. Great armor, no built in back protector though. Very thick leather and feels very durable. No crash test as of yet.

Pockets, two on the outside and one on the inside. Also has zipper inside to attach pants to it that I plan on getting.

Vents and perf? Ha ha ha ha ha! NONE! But hey, I've survived two Texas summers with it and I never ride without it. This jacket looks great (I'm supposed to be a poser if I say this) and I love it and have the greatest girlfriend in the world because she bought it for me for Christmas.

I can't say anything on the other jacket though as I've never tried one on.

Let us know which one you choose and post pics.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: jasenh7 ]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You said the Dainese Tribal??? Are you talking about the Tattoo? If so this is the jacket that I have.

The Tribal is similar to the Tattoo, but has a slightly different design of the devil logo or whatever. Unfortunately I can only find a couple of the Tribals in stock. Hard to get.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have ordered the Suzuki vanson GSXR jacket. I dont know if i will like it yet but you can never go wrong with suzuki

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

Yeah this is one nice ass jacket....I really like the black and silver one.I`d get it but I think they are little too much for me to spend...ya know don`t have the $$$ yet

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Not a good pic, but you get the idea. I want the black/grey one!

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I like the Tattoo better I, was going to get the Red/Black one for next since my Joe Rocket is tooo big now. But decided to just get a 1pc.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You can't go wrong either way...I have friends wearing both brands, and I like them both...great quality and protection.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dianese is great for wider shoulders. Also, the armor is much stiffer and I guarantee it works - I crashed in it! But the leather is thick and very durable. I didn't even have to repair it after my crash, the stitching is that good. Takes time to break in, but worth it if you value your skin.

Alpinestars are good where it counts, mainly arms, shoulders, back, kidneys. Their armor is thinner, but it is flexible. I have yet to crash in mine (P-1), but I definitely go for the Dianese for crash protection. You need to have long arms too for the Alpinestars.

Both have excellent quality, Alpinestars may be a little bit better on hot days because they use thinner material on the inside of the forearms, and the front part is air-rated (sp?) for better ventilation. Also both will have removable liners, so don't worry about the old stinky if ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Before you buy check out the JoeRocket Blaster jacket - it's definitely the best deal on the market. I've had Dainese and Alpinestars stuff before, and this is better and cheaper. First, I bought mine for $265!! Second, it's a really thick 1.4mm throughout, has a back protector in it and well as the other armor, and it's really comfortable and heavy.

This is my first JoeRocket buy and I'm impressed. I was shopping for months and I can get Dainese and Spidi at wholesale, and this JoeRocket jacket is a better deal at retail.
I put Spidi hard armor in it for the elbows and shoulders and I'm really happy with it now. It's has a lot of vents too. I think retail on it is about $295 and comes in a lot of colors.
http://joerocket.com/blaster_jacket.htm

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: RCR ]

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'd gp with the Dainese personally. Check the armor / padding in both though. If the Alpinestar has armor and the Dainese has just padding, that might sway my opinion. But if they were about the same across the board, I'd go with the Dainese.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just got a 2 peice Dainese tribal suit... I love it... it's the red/black and white one. It fit's nice and the leather is nice and thick. I paid alot of money for them, but I think it's worth it considering they feel so much better than the HJC 2 peice that I still have. We shall see how it matches my gixxer in the spring... and hopefully I won't have to crash test em...( actaully my HJC stood up pretty well durring my low side that I had.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
wwhere can u buy that yellow tattoo jacket i cnt find it on their site. it wud match my 08 yellow sixxer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've tried on several Dianese and Alpinestars jackets and personally feel most comfortable in Alpinestars. I own an Alpinestars jacket and think its ok. Feels safe and comfortable...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts