Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left this morning to get my new motor dyno'd . Part way and the bike died for a second or two and went again ... figured WTF then it quit completely . Started looking around and heard a hissing noise , thought great a flat too . Nope , ended up the tool pouch came open and a wrench was arcing out the battery making it hiss like a mother . Got the seat off , wrench out but the battery was screwed . My wife came got me , got her battery and finally got to the dealer . Just luck it didnt burn , puke acid or blow up . My 1070 ended up running 172 hp , not bad concidering how hot and humid it is here today . Motor is built fairly mild too ... but it is big fun to ride though now
. Think I'm going to tape my tool pouch shut later ....

Dave

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Same thing happened to me but it got gought in my chain and sprocket.

I now put heavy rubber bands on my tool kit to keep it closed and the tools tight together.

You were lucky.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Pretty freaky thing to have happen. What motor did you tweak, a 1000cc gixxer motor? That is some nice ponies. What exactly did you do to the motor?

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 01 1k . Did +3mm JE pistons , Carillo H beam rods , Web 540/566 cams and some head work . Works pretty nice so far .

Dave

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The motor has 13/1 JE FSR pistons , Webs are at 105/105 , STV are still in , exhaust is a Ti full Graves . I had .002 deck height and used a .035 head gasket ( was told the gasket would compress a few thousand ) . It is stiill .035 + the .002 for squish .... Wished I got a .030 head gasket now . I would have been happier with .032 instaed of .037 for squish . Should be a bunch more power there if I mess with the cam timing , get the squish back where it should be and try my other throttle bodies with the STV's removed and 44mm bore . It is a alright start so far but should get better . Before this motor with stock bore , same pipe , yosh stg 1's bike only pulled 148 ... the dyno I used is less than some I think . At that rate it is a 24 hp and 10 ft/lb gain on the same dyno ... . I am going to go get some mapping done soon , map is just a fairly close one from another bike to get it going . I will pick up the graph soon and post it for you .... with all the messing around with the battery I didnt remeber the sheet when I left the dealer .

Dave

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wonder what mine would make after doing a 1070 to mine? its already making 165 HP and 81 torque with the same mods except for the BB kit and head gasket (Different exhaust)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts