Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forums here. Very nice site.

I recently purchased a 2006 GSX-R 600. The person I bought it from said he changed the oil on it about 800 miles ago. When I had the bike standing straight up an down, there was no oil in the see-through window on the bottom right side of the bike. So, I asked him what the last oil he put in was and then continued to purchase that oil and top off the bike.

So while I was riding today, I noticed that I had sprays of oil on top of my left shoe. Didn't really think much the first time, thought it could have been anything. But after riding it multiple times today, this kept happening.

I did some research online and from what I found, it could be a thousand things. Only advice I picked up was to take the fairings off, clean the engine, and let it run while looking for the leak.

Is this a common problem? I don't know much about motorcycle engines yet but am in the process of trying to learn. Any advice or ideas on what this is? Maybe someone has a better method to figure out what is wrong.

Sorry for the book, but looking forward to the help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
My gixxer does the same thing due to me forgetting to put on gasket sealer when I replaced the stator cover. :banghead It barely oozes though and is not really an issue other than a few miniscule drops on my shoe. Oil level never budges.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah grab a new gasket but dont use any sealant just intsall new gasket and tq to spec not to tight or it will leak again.

most likely stator cover very easy i think like 10 8mm bolts. mine is leaking to might buy some hondabond to try to fix it the cheap way first

1 - 3 of 3 Posts