Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any body else has/had this problem. I have an '05 750 with just over 2k on her. Last monday while stopped during a ride, a friend pointed out that I had something leaking. Yeah it was the battery. Took it into the dealer and waiting to hear whats going to be done. It eched several items, including my woodcraft rear sets. Total damage so far is almost $6k. The regional Suzuki rep is going in to check it out. Just have to see what happens. At least I havn't sold my old bike yet, so I can still ride. Though my R6 doesn't have the fun and power factor, it still holds it's own. Hope Suzuki steps up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they finally got back to me about the bike. It's going to get fixed under warranty, but some of the parts are on back order. I just hope the regional rep has some pull to get the parts sooner. I plan to take the bike with me down to Laguna during my vacation, if it's done by then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey did your bike bike a loud EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound when you turned it off sometimes?? I just brought mine into the dealer for almost the same thing but i caught mine before my battery exploded. Ive been told its the voltage regulator, and what happens is it either shorts out or just stops working cause your battery to get over charged. It only happens to me on long rides which makes perfect sense. There would be a loud noise almost like a pin hole leak in a tire for a while and then it would go away after some time. I took my seat off after riding once and it was coming right from the battery, and the damn thing was scoarching hot!! Im hoping they replace the regulator and battery under warranty!! BTW i have a 05 750 as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my '05 750. The voltage regulator went out and the battery boiled. The acid damage was over $4,500. The dealer said that Suzuki got a bad batch of regulators and the problem is getting bad. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This sounds like a serious issue, I'm going to make sure this isn't a sound I hear on my bike. Is it very loud or do you really need to listen close for it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, leaky battery's can ruin your bike for good.

I have an '04 750 and my battery went dead after only six months. Dealer replaced with a new one and checked out the charging system and found nothing else wrong. Bad battery they said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This sounds like a serious issue, I'm going to make sure this isn't a sound I hear on my bike. Is it very loud or do you really need to listen close for it?
Mine never made a sound that I noticed. What got my attention was the acid marks on the ground in my garage. Keep your eyes open. None ot the gages or idiot lights will come on either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
At first mine made a very faint noise which i initially thought was a tiny hole in my rear tire. A couple more rides and i still heard that sound after getting off my bike. What finally got my attention was getting off my bike one day and there was a extremely loud EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, almost like a siren coming from my bike. I guess i had stopped just before my battery was going to explode and the pressure inside the battery was being let out somehow. For those who saw the battery acid, im guessing you rode your bike for such a great distance that you didnt hear the sound and the battery eventually exploded............

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told it was just the battery, but I will have to make sure they double check the regulator.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is there an updated Regulator for it or did they just install a new one? I guess I will check my charging system on my bike to make sure it is ok. How many miles did you get on the bike before you noticed this problem? I got 700 miles now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had probably 400-500 on mine when i first heard the noise. NExt at 571 it was a screaming loud noise because my battery was about to explode. Now its sitting at the dealership. Has anyone heard of Suzuki crediting your account for having this or any other problem. Im basically paying for a bike right now to sit in the shop. So when it comes time to make this months payment its gonna feel worthless since i havent been able to ride it. It would be cool of them to credit me like $100 for the inconvience of this problem on a brand new bike but im thinking that way too much to ask them to do!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got my bike back from the dealer today
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They replaced the battery and regulator all under warranty. Put the biggest smile on my face when they called since at first they told me it wouldnt be ready till next wednesday. Went riding all night and no more sounds coming from my battery!!!!!!!1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts