Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently bought a 07' GSX-R 600 and i recently noticed there's small little spots of something leaking. From the rash i see on the bike it looks like it went down on the left side and the stator cover is scratched. Whenever i park my bike overnight (like 10 ish hours plus) i see a little spot of some liquid (it might be oil? but it seems like it's a little too clear, as if it was oil mixed with something perhaps? not entirely sure). But it never happens when i park at like a store or a friends house so it happens really slowly over time and when it does, it's a really small amount, i wanna say like a few drops worth. And then also whenever i'm coming to a stop and i'm pulling in the clutch in first gear, there's this odd winding up noise that kind of sounds like an angry violinist fiddling. Is there something wrong with my stator or did the previous owner fuck something up really bad? Has anyone else had a problem after crashing your gsxr? Thanks for any/all help friends.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,782 Posts
Others here will know 600/750's better than me but I think that the cover is magnesium and can get "bent" enough to cause things to touch that shouldn't. Take a look at this thread. The oil leak could be due to a distorted cover, not using sealant where you're supposed to, or to leaking/missing gasket washers.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
You need to post pics.

This next suggestion may sound ridiculous, but it helps to know what oil and coolant taste like. I am sure some OHSA rep would yell at you if you did it at work, but dabbing the finger and putting a drop on the tongue is a great way of diagnosis.

Make sure to do like the wife does and spit after it's finished.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
MacBayne;9491890 Make sure to do like the wife does and spit after it's finished.[/QUOTE said:
I'm passing this info along to my gurlfriend/wiffie..:cheers

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Isn't that dangerous? I think oil is a carcinogen right? Would anything bad happen to you?
That's why you don't swallow. Besides, a drop isn't going to do anything. If a drop of oil killed, every mechanic you know would be dead by now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts