Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not but was wondering can you run leaded gas in a K4 for a better octante level Iuse to be able to get 100 unleaded but can not anymore. This may be a stupid question but hay Im just learning. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
41 Posts
You did not answer the question,adam.Can you run leaded fuel in your bike?I have access to race fuel for free,thought i'd use it in my street bike.just to get rid of it.It's free,but did not know if it would do any damage.THANKS!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Unless you have your bike tuned for the racing fuel/leaded fuel you will not get any benefits from running it.

So unless your bike is tuned for the higher octane fuel/leaded fuel there is no reason to run it other than the smell and the lead deposits in your can outlet.

Yes you can run it w/o any problems since the bike doesn't have a catalytic, but why would you

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
I have not but was wondering can you run leaded gas in a K4 for a better octante level Iuse to be able to get 100 unleaded but can not anymore. This may be a stupid question but hay Im just learning. Thanks for any help
Lead acts as a lubricant for the valve seats and related surfaces, that's all, won't hurt the engine. It can cause problems with catalytic converters clogging up the exhaust system which the latest GSXR's don't have. Barring the California K5 model that might have, but I don't know that for sure. Doubt it.

As far as running higher Octane, it is ok up to a certain level before you would have to make adjustments to the engine in order to make the most of it. The 1000cc US model is timed and set up to run a minimum of 90 pump rated octane. Any less is not optimal and any more beyond a reasonable amount is also not optimal. I run 92.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts