Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the parking lot of the Walmart in Union City today and some asshole cut my off . My ONLY course of action was to lay the Gixxer down. didn't have room to swerve, no room to stop...NOTHIN. I ended up breakin the shift lever, tweekin the cylinder block on the left side to where it leaks oil, rippin out the exhaust manifold stud on cylinder 1, and some minor scrapes on the plastic. The mother fucker THEN had the nerve to come back around and say "That's what you get for riding those dangerous machines!" I came an inch away from knockin em in the jaw. Had it not been for the squad car there, I might not have had any witnesses as to who's fault it is.

------------------
Trixta 6

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
oh man sorry to hear that!! what happened with the cops? he at fault? or he lie his way outta it?

------------------

~Sound-in-Motion~
--car audio/home entertainment--
email for prices and brands...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I don't know if I could have held back from punching him after he said that.. even with a cruiser there. How could you say something like that?!? Like you *deserved* crashing!?!

At least here in Virginia, I can't do much for charging in a parking lot, *however* if the officer was actually there (that's what you said I think) and saw it, he could charge the numbnut with reckless driving.

I hope he did, and I hope his insurance has to pay for your bike.

------------------

FastCop

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jontflesh:
Trixta,
Did the cops come? What did the report say? Did you get a ticket?
That sucks man, how about insurance?
Glad you are ok!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A cop was a witness...Report just said somethin about wreckless driving .
I wasn't the one to get ticketed.. The other guy did. Evidently he didn't see the cop that was about 40 yards to the right.
I got his License # and insurance info from the cop and I'm gunna file a claim to see if his company'll pay it.

------------------
Trixta 6

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good luck man. I feel for you. Can you believe the nerve of that twathead?!?!!??!
Im with FatCop I would have had to hit him.
Sounds like some costly and unsightly damage.

------------------

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EyeHateAreWons:
Im with FastCop I would have had to hit him.
Sounds like some costly and unsightly damage.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I wanted to SO fuckin bad, but I didn't wanna get charged with Road Rage fired Assault. Besides. I'll just gouge the guys pockets for the repairs on my bike. Damage isn't too bad I suppose. It still runs. All I really have to do is losen up all the cylinder block bolts and re-torque em to see if that seats the block and re-tap and heli-coil the exhaust stud. As for plastics. I was thinkin of gettin a set of those see thru ones. kinda like pagers, but they're glossy on the outside and then paint em black from the inside . Make it look like some kinda neon light I guess. Not sure yet though.

------------------
Trixta 6

·
Registered
619 Posts
Screw that guy . Get him for everything you can...You know the 1000 is coming out. What a great insurance incentive.haha
glad you diddnt get hurt

------------------
Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from
bad judgement.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wheelspin:
Screw that guy . Get him for everything you can...You know the 1000 is coming out. What a great insurance incentive.haha
glad you diddnt get hurt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm gunna try that...But if not, then cash for just the repairs is fine.
Nah... I'll stick with the older bikes. True they're more trouble... But they ALWAYS have somethin for you to do when its rainin.

------------------
Trixta 6

·
Registered
705 Posts
Wow, that is a stroke of luck an officer was there. Down here, hit-and-runs are not uncommon. Even worse, it seems that some of the people actually paying attention to bikes are just there to cause accidents.

Just last night I was on the highway when an SUV pulls up trying to race me (and I'm on a friggin' Busa with 5 miles of completely straight road ahead of me!) and a few days earlier I was trying to change lanes to enter the toll way and the car in front purposly slammed on the brakes with the car behind flooring it (and honking), trying to pin me.

Speaking of honking, though, I have replaced the 105 dB tweeter on my bike with two 132 dB airhorns (people no longer ignore me).
I have one in place of the original horn and one in the rear seat compartment connected with power relays and fuses. It's a fairly easy mod for anyone riding in the big city and costs less than $30. Unfortunately, it won't help much against people purposely trying to kill us.

------------------

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's pretty much like that out here too.

I did the same thing w/ the horn on my bike. I first went to one of those 135 Db car horns and didn't like the results. I left it on for about a month and changed it out w/ one of those 7 selectable tone car alarm loud speakers. I keep it on the one that sounds most like a police siren when you bump it. It work WONDERS when you're on the road and want people to get outta the way. Or when they're in the process of cutting you off and they hear a siren. LoL

------------------
Trixta 6

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hmmmm... siren sound... It sure sounds effective.

No legal problems with that? I know you can't have red or blue lights up front, I just haven't heard anything about siren honkers.

Also, last time when a car had the gall to honk at me while trying to run me over, it had one of those lame beeper horns and I could barely hear it on my BIKE! It makes me wonder what the manufacturers are thinking when they install those.

I ought to get one of those horns like in some of the James Bond movies.

"Car? What car?"

------------------
1999 T.I.E. Defender - Hyperdrive, tractor beam, advanced concussion missles, and Emperor's seal-of-approval.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
At least in Virginia, the siren is illegal. Sounds like a good idea when no cruisers are around. It would scare the crap outta the dirt bags trying to cut riders off.

You would want to be very careful because it could be construed as "impersonation of a police officer" which is a serious charge.

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hehehe... I can just imagine Busas being used as cruisers. Then again, cops would be having too much fun to issue any tickets.

------------------
1999 T.I.E. Defender - Hyperdrive, tractor beam, advanced concussion missles, and Emperor's seal-of-approval.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Man, I'd jump at the chance if they brought sportbikes to this department! Just try to hold me back!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't know if you've seen this one before. Just came across it about a week ago:

------------------

[This message has been edited by Narcissus (edited 02-03-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
...from a link sent to me off of Jontflesh's site...

------------------

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I know what fastcop wants for xmas from his department....

------------------
...I failded englesh?Thats unpossible....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah... Out here the siren thing is legal. I'v blipped a couple cruisers once in a while. They usually look and laugh.

Sweet Narc!!! You know they're usin R1's in England now right?

------------------
Trixta 6

1 - 20 of 44 Posts