Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry I could have explained it better. So the bike has different levels of traction control numbered 1-10. When you have the bike in neutral you hold the start button for a few seconds to put it into launch control then shift into first then slowly releasing the clutch to launch, the bike will not go past 10,000rpm with the throttle pinned while launch control is active. The way you can tell if it works on the non-r model is by having the traction control in let's say in level 6 traction control, then when you hold the start button in neutral you'll see the traction control go to 1 which signifies that the mode is engaged. I tried just dropping the clutch to launch the bike and the bike did a massive wheelie, so I recommend slowly letting off till you find a sweet spot. If you would like a video to show how it works I could do that as well if it makes it easier for you
i like to see video pls

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't figure out how to upload the video when its in mp4 format. If you send me a private message with an email I'll send it that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the email, much appreciated, thanks.

So, when I start a Trackday Amateur Race with Traction Control, I have to stay always in TC 1, because I don't have a chance to switch back to TC Level 2 or TC Level 3?

Or is Launch Control still enabled, if I engage it (the TC Level drops to TC 1) and then, before putting in first gear and reving up to 10k, switch to TC Level 2 or 3?

Best regards

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
So with the bike flashed to enable R feature it drops the TC level to 1. In the video, you can see mine drop from 6 to 1. Then once you launch and are moving it disengages the LC and goes to your previous TC level before setting up the LC when you either pull the clutch in, let off the throttle, or shift. Since I recorded it on my iPod I couldn't actually do a full launch sadly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. Got the GSXR-1000 L7. Installed the Yoshimura Race ECU and the Yoshimura Harness. The Blipper works fine, I also have the yoshimura software and can get access to the settings. But I don't get a confirmation on the dash if the launch control is activated. And I can't just test it on paddock stand, or on a public road.

Have you figured out a way to change the settings of the launch control with the yoshi ECU? It is still engaged in 3rd gear which i want to take off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
@SRTsuzuki
Can't tell you so far, the amateur races I attended had a flying start. It for sure works to engage it now, I tested it.
My other problem with the Yosh software is, that I don't know shit about the settings and I always need the help from my dealer, who installed it.

First the TC was way to high, so when i rolled out of the box the and pulled the throttle, the flashlight of the TC immediately went nuts and flashed all the time on/off, even on the straights. And it doesn't matter if you change the levels on the dash. (I tried TC2, TC3, TC4, TC5 and couldn't feel a big change)

Took me some long phonecalls with the dealer who sent me a new ECU Map via email. I had problems to rewrite the ECU because the notebook didn't work with the USB-cable of the yosimura plug.
Got it done after one afternoon, now the flashlight stays out completely, which doesn't help my confidence in a way.
I got half a second faster on the the racetrack the next day, but I don't have a good feeling not seeing the TC light anymore.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts