Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone become familiar with using the launch control system on the "R" model yet? If so how fast can you release the clutch when doing so to get the best launch? Does your TCS setting have to be set high for the bike not to wheelie as well?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I’ve used it quite a bit and you can release it as fast as you are comfortable with. I let off of it quite quickly with TC set at 1 and it only comes up a little bit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is cool video on how to use launch control. Jerry has some other great videos on this bike! Instant gratification skip to 2:00 for the how to turn on and 3:11 for the demonstration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the advice! I guess I will start to trust the launch control a little more to help fine tune my launch, it's just so sketchy trusting the electronics sometimes to control the big power that these bikes make.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is possible to get the launch control for your standard GSXR 1000. If I'm not mistaken, you have to flash the ECU to get the "R" mode add-ons.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, I have a flashed ecu and the launch control works. I tried it yesterday and the bike stood right up on me. I am going to try it again today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve gsxr1000 abs L7 done FlashTune Ecu R mode activate and quick shift up/down. But no any idea how activate Launch control. The way how to activate on R models not working. Maybe someone can help me ?pr explain how to do or fix?

·
Registered
29 Posts
doesnt work like you sad. this way only for R models
Same here. Got the GSXR-1000 L7. Installed the Yoshimura Race ECU and the Yoshimura Harness. The Blipper works fine, I also have the yoshimura software and can get access to the settings. But I don't get a confirmation on the dash if the launch control is activated. And I can't just test it on paddock stand, or on a public road.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can test it.... Press and hold down the start button for 2 seconds.. Put into gear and go wide open... If it goes past 10k you don't have launch control

·
Registered
304 Posts
Also, you will know it is engaged when the “mode” goes from A, B, or C to indicating an ”L” mode and it will last until about halfway through 3rd gear if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, you will know it is engaged when the “mode” goes from A, B, or C to indicating an ”L” mode and it will last until about halfway through 3rd gear if memory serves me correctly.
I tried this a couple of times in the past and it doesn't work. The display won't show the 'L', it stays with A mode.

I have got the GSX-R 1000 L7, and have got the normal dash not the dark inverted one.

Can someone confirm with the GSX-R normal dash, that it shows the 'L'?
Of course only people who flashed their ECU into the GSX-R 1000R mode.

Best regards
Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the flashed ECU on the regular l7. The bike will not show the L, but you will see traction control drop to 1 in neutral and that's how you know it engaged.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the flashed ECU on the regular l7. The bike will not show the L, but you will see traction control drop to 1 in neutral and that's how you know it engaged.
Thank your very much Mark. Can you tell me what you mean with 'You will see traction control....'

Sry I'm not an native English speaker.

If I understand you right, I start the engine, then press the start button again for 2 seconds (like it would work with the GSX-R 1000 R model).

Then kick in the first gear.....and then? Is there something visable on the dash, or should I just hold the clutch and rev the engine up to 10k and watch what happens?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry I could have explained it better. So the bike has different levels of traction control numbered 1-10. When you have the bike in neutral you hold the start button for a few seconds to put it into launch control then shift into first then slowly releasing the clutch to launch, the bike will not go past 10,000rpm with the throttle pinned while launch control is active. The way you can tell if it works on the non-r model is by having the traction control in let's say in level 6 traction control, then when you hold the start button in neutral you'll see the traction control go to 1 which signifies that the mode is engaged. I tried just dropping the clutch to launch the bike and the bike did a massive wheelie, so I recommend slowly letting off till you find a sweet spot. If you would like a video to show how it works I could do that as well if it makes it easier for you

1 - 20 of 36 Posts