Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I would just like to find out does the Suzuki GSXR 1000 2017 ABS model (not R) come standard with launch control ? From what I’ve read so far it won’t show L L on the dash as the R model does when holding the start button in for 3 seconds the TC goes into 1 and that means it engages launch control is this correct ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys I would just like to find out does the Suzuki GSXR 1000 2017 ABS model (not R) come standard with launch control ? From what I’ve read so far it won’t show L L on the dash as the R model does when holding the start button in for 3 seconds the TC goes into 1 and that means it engages launch control is this correct ?
Please if anyone has a video of this please could you email it to me at [email protected] I would highly appreciate this. I am doing a complete race conversion on one and I just need to know whether to order the full woolich race tools package or not.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Luca,,
That I know of, the non R model (which I have) does NOT have launch control. Apart from obvious hardware differences like different forks, rear shock, dash, and a few other things,, the "R" also has a few extras in the software.. Launch control is one of them...!! So in a nutshell - No...!!!

Al

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luca,,
That I know of, the non R model (which I have) does NOT have launch control. Apart from obvious hardware differences like different forks, rear shock, dash, and a few other things,, the "R" also has a few extras in the software.. Launch control is one of them...!! So in a nutshell - No...!!!

Al
Hi there thank you so much for the reply. What I’ve noticed though on the model I have the 2017 ABS spec If you hold the red start button on for 3 seconds whilst the bike is on the TC goes into TC 1 and then if you put it into first and hold the throttle fully opened with the clutch engaged ( as if you were going to use launch control) it does not go past 10RPM so is that not launch control ? I have a video of it if you’d like I can email it to you to show you ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
You've got me on that one. I'm not sure at all what's going on there. I have the ABS model too and to be honest with you, I ride mine more like a tourer - what a waste isn't it,, but then again that's all I ever bought it to do,, except of the the odd squirt or two down the road every now and then.. Seems to me, every time I want to open those taps, some fool takes a fancy to pulling out from a side road right in front of me - kind of a reality check for me to take it easy I guess. The up side of this is, taking it easy has saved me from getting a few "loss of license tickets", as the cops are everywhere when I decide to go for a ride..

Good luck in figuring it out.. Let 's' know when you do find out will ya...!!!

Al

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You've got me on that one. I'm not sure at all what's going on there. I have the ABS model too and to be honest with you, I ride mine more like a tourer - what a waste isn't it,, but then again that's all I ever bought it to do,, except of the the odd squirt or two down the road every now and then.. Seems to me, every time I want to open those taps, some fool takes a fancy to pulling out from a side road right in front of me - kind of a reality check for me to take it easy I guess. The up side of this is, taking it easy has saved me from getting a few "loss of license tickets", as the cops are everywhere when I decide to go for a ride..

Good luck in figuring it out.. Let 's' know when you do find out will ya...!!!

Al
We’ll give it a try when you can and notice how it goes into TC1 and then hold the throttle open it seems as if it has got launch control but thank you I will do for sure. Keep it safe out there, it’s always dangerous to ride on the roads… why not do a few track days where you can open it up?
but theL7 is a beautiful bike riding it flat out or taking it easy both are enjoyable I’m sure.

I will do once I take a video

1 - 6 of 6 Posts