Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's this guy at my school who has challenged me to a drag race. He has access to a Countach and wants to race me. I've had no dragging experience and I'm on a Gixxer 600 (1998). Now magazine drag times are 11.1 for stock (but i have a D&D slip-on). Who thinks I should race him and what do u think the outcome will be? Peace...

-Will

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats crazy you posted that cause i saw one on the highways out here in rural missouri. He didnt wanna piece of the gixxer, but i think it could of been a kit car. Anyways if its a COUNTACH and not a DIABLO i would think you could take him. Countachs maybe be a V-12 but they are old from the 80s i believe.
Later,
Bothe

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man cause this is the thing i've seen vid's of diablos running quarter miles in the 12's and that would probably mean the countach would do them in the high 12's. For what reason couldn't the Gixxer 600 kick it's ass! (the 1000 would wreck it)...haha

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
well if you've never dragged before (like me) then watch out !! its a WHOLE lot easier to handle a car than a bike...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well if you have never done a drag before, then you might want to take a few trial runs.. The launch is the most important part. Or ask him if he is willing to do a rolling start. At like 5 or 10 MPH so you can get on it a bit faster..

John

·
Registered
547 Posts
With a bit of practice you should be ok down the quarter,but don't get suckered into a long race,over 100mph these things will murder most bikes,they might be from the 80's but they do almost 200 mph and get there pretty quickly!

·
Registered
639 Posts
It all depends on the driver of both vehicles. Where would you be racing??? On a street I would have to favor the bike with the manueverability, and the balls of the driver to deal with traffic. On the track, you would need to get a good launch. I know the lambo with the V-12 has some amazing tourque to contend with....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Death Inc. you think those cars would wreck a Busa or a Gixxer 1000 in a over 100mph race?

·
Registered
13 Posts
JUST GET THE WHOLE SHOT 1ST!!!! I beat a Lambo like that last year on my wife's Gixxer 6. At Sacramento raceway. He had to kiss his girlfriend goodbye and $1000.00 bucks. GOOD LUCK.....AND.......GOD SPEED TO YOU!!!!!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
hmm,

I've had a go at most things over the years, but a well driven Lambo would be a very tough cookie, especially on anything much over a 1/4 mile race.

the later V12 5.2's produced something in the region of 455hp, I saw one pull an 11 second run at a strip in the UK, it looked standard too.

If you look here http://www.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html#Lamborghini there are a lot of 1/4mile and 0-60 times each of these a GSXR 600 should easily beat, they seem to be up in the 13 second region, in theory you should walk it.

Get a good launch and you should be fine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd sure as hell want to see it. I know me and a friend saw a Ferrari Testarossa in town nearby. It seemed to be the real deal...sounded mean as hell. We tried to get him to go red light to red light, but the didn't want any. I wish he would've. Even if I'd have gotten smoked, it would have been worth the story!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally posted by 96GIXXSHEEZY7FEEZY:
JUST GET THE WHOLE SHOT 1ST!!!! I beat a Lambo like that last year on my wife's Gixxer 6. At Sacramento raceway. He had to kiss his girlfriend goodbye and $1000.00 bucks. GOOD LUCK.....AND.......GOD SPEED TO YOU!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">all i have to say is you guys are lucky. the only "expensive" car we see here at the tracks , or on the streets really, are vipers. i would love a chance at a lambo or testarossa!!! if for nothing else, just to say i did it. i did race a testarossa with a 2k vette i repo'd once. that was fun...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hmm,I don't know about a bus or 1000,but it would be pretty close,and the lambo might edge out both in top speed,but I think the bikes might get away at first.It would make an interesting race though

·
Registered
141 Posts
1/4 mile or something close to that, the bike would take the Lambo no problem but on the highway racing in the top end, I would have to say Lambo would take the bike. My friend got raped on the highway by a Viper. They both took off at 120 km/h and the Viper just kept up and passed him easy at around 250km/h.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Originally posted by wldbil1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 96GIXXSHEEZY7FEEZY:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">all i have to say is you guys are lucky. the only "expensive" car we see here at the tracks , or on the streets really, are vipers. i would love a chance at a lambo or testarossa!!! if for nothing else, just to say i did it. i did race a testarossa with a 2k vette i repo'd once. that was fun...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I passed a Testarossa out on the twisty roads of North wales a few weeks back, shit those things are wide and the roads are narrow.

It's a shame the guy wasn't even trying (50mph constant speed = no fun) but the fact remains: I PASSED A TESTAROSSA

·
Registered
48 Posts
Level playing ground if you ask me , since he probably has little experience launching the Lambo , so if he smokes the tyres you'll be gone.
The countach also is hell to quick shift so take him on and make some money.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The challenger has ACCESS to the Countach, so he probably can't drive it well to save his life. These things are known to be pretty temperamental, with a bit of luck he'll blow the clutch on the first run.

I saw a TV show where a famous presenter was using a brand new Diablo for a hill climb competition. On the first time off the line he gave it way too much gas and way too slow on letting the clutch out. It fried and the car was tow truck material..!!

I'd be more worried and safety and not getting a h-u-g-e fine from the scuffers if you get caught racing, rather than if you can win. If I had the money to bet, it'd be on the bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A few months ago I raced a newer Diablo from a light on Sunset Blvd. I didn't have much of a problem pulling away from him and I didn't even launch it cus I had just got the bike. He did have a hard time keeping his tires from smokin' though. But he couldn't mess with my first gear

·
Registered
146 Posts
just MAKE SURE, that all he has is a stock motor. i got suckerd into racing a cobra that was worked to shit while in Ft. lauderdale. i smoked him till about 90mph, thats when he hit the 3 stage nitrous shot. 250 additional horsepower, and i was left smelling the fumes. I found out later that the car turned in sub 10 second times.

all i have is a little work done to my 99 750.

but i WOULD RACE a stock ginnie mobile

take him on bro

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by wldbil1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 96GIXXSHEEZY7FEEZY:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh snap! I better pay my car note for this month!

Outlaw

1 - 20 of 28 Posts