Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just wanted to add. I'm sorry I posted so many individual replies... I just wanted to reply individually. Thank you. I would very much appreciate advice on whatever the hell happens next.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,559 Posts
"why is talking about it a bad idea?"
The issue is that it detracted from your paying attention to the road, and you ran or nearly ran a stop sign in the process.

I grew up in South Saint Paul. AFAIR Burnsville was nothing but farms then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would have had it towed home. And, I would have it towed to the dealership for repairs. The insurance company could try to blame you for internal damages if you rode it with leaking coolant.
After the repairs are made, Request a Diminished value claim. After repairs, your bike will be worth less value than other bikes. Last year my truck and wife's car were parked and both got hit.
We got about 3,500 in Diminished value on a 2015 Tacoma and a 2014 Civic.

I hate insurance companies so much... I might just tell them it was my only form of transportation and ask for a rental car. And wasn't your helmet locked on the bike when the driver hit it? I think you need a shiny new helmet too!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gen Z, people in their teens/early twenties.

I'll have you know there's a big difference between us early Gen Zs and the late Gen Z. The late ones are the idiots lol. @MeddiePie I try to park up on the sidewalk whenever possible. I noticed you said there was moto parking but I'm just saying. I only use a regular spot if I absolutely have to and park at the "back" of the spot so others can see my bike. I've started to pull into a spot with a bike or "smart" car in them a couple times. Never gotten close to hitting it though so she must have been coming in pretty hot. Hope you're back on the street soon!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
When I got hit. I had my own insurance. I made a claim with my insurance. Gave them his info and let them go after his insurance company. It was much faster.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
15 Participants
Serpent
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing