Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the ladies here own a leather Vanson that can help with sizing?

Looking on the usual suspects such as fleebay etc to surprise my wife with a Vanson leather jacket. She is 5ft 7 and medium built. Ideally the jacket should be skin tight but i think she would like a lil breathing room.

Thank you,
Bob

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
ideally the jacket should NOT be skin tight. she should be able to move and have room to adjust. the armor should not swivel at her elbows, but it shouldn't be too tight so that she can't move her arms well or breathe for that matter ;)

again, you're asking a very broad question without any details. not to sound pervy but does she have a large bust, how much does she weigh, what size shirt does she wear? it won't be pin point accuracy, but we can get you close. hopefully. :) :cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't know if this will help much, but I did try on some women's Vanson jacket and pants, the ones that connect with that (ridiculous) three-part zipper arrangement. I found them pretty true to size. I normally wear a 10 in clothes, and the 10 fit. Now, if your wife is really tall, etc., that may not be the case, but if she wears the same size for most clothes, that size Vanson should be ok. Always best to try on first, but if you want to surprise her, just make sure wherever you purchase from will let you do a size exchange.

I ended up going custom because I wanted a full-circumference zipper. But that's just me.

Vanson makes excellent stuff, good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts