Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if all goes well I will be owning a new 600 within the next week...

Does anyone have any info on basic geometry for it? Does the bike need to be raised like the older models? Any shock/fork measurements as a starting point?

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
My best friend started racing 750's this year (coming from R6's). I don't think it needs to be raised the same as the previous years. I believe they made several small changes that overall meant the bike didnt need to be raised so much. But that is just going off of a conversation we had like 2 months ago and my memory sucks. I could be wrong.

His dad (which doubles as his Chief) is a certified Ohlins Tech and runs his own shop (he built the suspension in my R6). Him and the other guy that helps build his bikes and works his pit are down at Ohlins this week getting some training on the Gas cartridges and setup information.

He usually doesnt like to give out that kind of information, but you and Eddie will be racing in completely different series so i can see if he would be willing to share a little bit. If nothing else, maybe just a basic shock length and fork/triple offset to get you going. :cheers

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
BTW - Congrats on the new bike. :banana

Hope we get to ride together again soon, been way too long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
TOEJAM
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing