Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so all this started after a burn out,the tire stopped quickly when trying to shift gears,and i heard a loud knock and turned the bike off...thats when the knocking started,it dose it at idle and when u rev it..people tolled me chain tensioner so i replaced that with another used one,and its still knocking,have i fuked something else up? or maybe this tensioner is bad also..bike has over 20 miles,its been thru hell since it was made...also the bike seems to rev up normal i dont think theres any power loss..http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6385302865305386122&hl=en

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also maybe i installed it wrong,i never really messed with the engine on this bike,but everything else i did,never had problem with the motor,is there anything speacial to do while putting it in? i just installed it bolted and that was it..maybe im missing something

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
you did it right basically. the cct is only really pronouncable sound wise at lower rpms. if you reving it high and still hear knocking youve got other issues. the cct sound is more like a tapping. have you dropped your oil to look for debris?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you did it right basically. the cct is only really pronouncable sound wise at lower rpms. if you reving it high and still hear knocking youve got other issues. the cct sound is more like a tapping. have you dropped your oil to look for debris?
well, i did not say that right,you cant really hear it at higher rpm,because of the engines,something makes me think its still there thought..no i did not do that i will tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
oh boy not good.. I dont think its your cct sounds to me a little more internal then that. I agree drop your oil and look for metal shards. Might be a sign right there

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
your all done. i dont think its a bearing. i think its something in the clutch/tranny area. does it get better or worse if you pull the clutch or shift gears?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your all done. i dont think its a bearing. i think its something in the clutch/tranny area. does it get better or worse if you pull the clutch or shift gears?
not really sure,only drove it in my garage,but i can tell you for sure it dose not get louder when u ride it or rev it,i dont think it goes away when u pull the clutch in thought..

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,658 Posts
The chain tensioner was one of the first things that came to my mind. Make sure its installed right and that its not bad also.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
to do it right pull the valve cover and check the chain while your installing it. some times you have to pull the chain tensioner part out a click or to for it to settle right but its usually not an issue.
anyways id start by pulling the cover anyway. you may have worn your guides to nothing but its hard to tell from the video. seems to me its coming from the bottom end.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
See thats what I was thinking.. I have torn motors to pieces and that seems to be a bottom end issue.. I would go back check the tensioner for issues.. All good I would then start by checking internal motor... A tranny wouldnt do that unless you were putting it into gear..I think tho dont mark my words on that.. But if its at idle and knocking its got to be internal lower end...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
k,took out the clutch plates,and i ran it for couple of seconds and i did not hear that noise anymore,but at places around where the plates where looks worn out a bit like the metal has been hiting..hard to explain,but i did have weird noise like skipping noise coming from somewhere when i clutch it up,mostly in 2nd or 3rd gears..

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
check your basket for breaks or cracks.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Think your whole clutch assm is F$^k&d - when my CR bearing blew the shards where gold/brass in color - I'd focus on the clutch ,for now - let your ears be the key - BTW. nice job on the vids and info provided for the forum to assist,
Best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man I'm having similar same problem it gets louder when the faster you go on mine but it goes away completely when you pull in the clutch some days it's worse than others

1 - 20 of 23 Posts