Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lubing my chain today and noticed a knocking sound from my front sprocket. maybe 2-3 times in a full rotation. I heard this sound on my last chain/sprocket setup. it was towards the end of the life on that setup though. Just installed a 520 setup same as i had before. everything is brand new. chain slack is perfect. everything is in alignment. any ideas. 2007 gsxr 600. also I noticed when shifting to 2nd at high rpms it almost feels like a slip then catches. Like i said before chain slack is perfect and its a brand new setup. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometimes you hear a noise coming from the front sprocket because the aftermarket ones do not have the rubber washer/garment attached to the sprocket like the oem one has.
ok thanks. it is driven sprockets and ek chain. when bike is on stand and i turn the wheel by hand. it has like a knocking/chain binding sound but only at front sprocket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found the problem. loose front sprocket nut. not sure how it came loose since i torqued it. guess i will throw some locktite on it. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts