Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KJ1, let\'s see some new pics of tha project!

It's been a while bro, so let's see 'em. I'm really thinking of doing something similar to my future '87 750 so the more pics and explanations of how you're doing everything (especially the bodywork, this shit has got me confused) the better!

-phreak

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Re: KJ1, let\'s see some new pics of tha project!

Umm, I don't really have any new pics, but I will see what is in my pic-pile, I have pulled the motor so the bike is down to the bare frame, I have been aquiring parts, new swing arm(94 GSXR-750) tripple, carbs, etc, and so on, the body is fairly easy to do I highly recomend SHARKSKINZ AirTech has some cool bits but I have heard that the quality is questionable, but for older bike there really is limited options. let me know what I can help withI will dig up my project notes and give a more detailed list of the things I have done if it will help
-Karl

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

here are some pics of the tail

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

The tail was cake to do, SharkSkinz stuff is flexible, but before I did any thing I went and did some measurements of my 92 1100's stock tail, and subframe, then I went to a ocal 'Zuk dealer and they let me fiddle with a used TLR and I went from there, my original intention was to use AirTech's RGV kit, but again the quality question came up, I am trying to get an RGV look I think I am close with the TLR plastic and the flat GSXR tank, any way, I orderd my tail with the anti-draft shield, both with no holes I tore out the old stock under tail re-measured, I belive I had to shave .27-.35 of an inch from the sides of the tail piece up where the seat is and I cut out the tail section to allow for my stock seat, I drilled 3 holes in the piece and it bolted right up, pretty easy. The upper is a bit more difficult I ordered a Graves braket
it is a piece of shit it broke under thumb preasure and it iis supposed to be a race piece any way, the upper lined up with minimal fitting(3 cuts I think) as for the front bracket, GPTech will make me one for around 160$ so that is that. The project is going lowly but it is progressing, let me know what I can help with, I have few Ideas
about that '87

-Karl

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey man, sounds great, it's kinda like a "kit bike" of sorts...I can't wait to start modding the HELL outta my bike when I get it, which is supposed to be SOON...

So, exactly what kinda ideas do ya have for the ol' '87?

-phreak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts