Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building an 01/02 1000, for the track, and am using the kit harness.
there is no matching plug for the oil sensor(right side of the motor), and I need to know if not connecting this will be a problem, or do I need to run a wire to the (yosh) ecu, or is there a supplementary harness I need?

anyone know?

thanks

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
if it starts there should not be a problem just check your oil. i dont think you need it

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thats right, there is no provision for the oil pressure switch. No extra wiring is required, the ecu doesn't care if the engine has oil pressure or not. I took out the sender on mine and replaced it with a pipe plug. Just check when you have changed the oil or had a crash that when you start it up the oil level drops in the window so you know its pumping.

Just a quick FYI on the K1/K2 Yosh. harness. The very early versions of this harness could not be used with a Powercommander / EMS, as the injector harness was part of the main harness, the next version had the injector harness with plugs like the standard one, but the pinouts on the connectors were wrong and in certain circumstances the bike would not run. The pinout problem was easily fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.