Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been useing my kill switch to shut my bike off since this is how they taught us in the MSF course way back when, but now I think there is a bad connection there, so I've stopped using it. On my way home from work yesterday it killed the bike while I was going around a corner (luckily there was someone in front of me 'cause this is the only fun corner on my ride home) and it shut off the bike. Gauges and everything where still on, just not the engine.

My kickstand switch has been bypassed, and this isn't it 'cause I always start the bike in neutral and it wouldn't start every time. I would have to play with the switch until I heard the fuel pump turn on. Yesterday was the first time it ever happened while I was moving though, and that really pissed me off.

Ah well, I guess you can't expect much out of a bike with 30k miles and about three crashes on it (only one from me though)

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Bypass it and then you won't have any more problems. It is kind of redundent anyway. I took mine off of the race bike and replaced it with a dead man tether.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts