Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost my bike key due to my house being flooded,I know have the joy of living in a residence inn which sucks ass!!!. I bought the bike new in 1994(1100w) and the dealer gave me a key code which is a 4 digit number,when I called the dealer last night he said that suzuki codes are 3 or 5 digits.Needless to say that when I suggested they give me a new ignition due to clerical errors on their part it did'nt go to well,guess I"ll see them in small claims court. Does anyone know how to obtain a key using a key code or how to find out the proper code......thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
so i take it that you have not been able to ride? that must really suck too.
my key code has one letter and four numbers. hope that you have some luck getting what you are looking for.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don"t have any letters just numbers,this definately blows,its going to be 70 and sunny all weekend here in the northeast usa

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently had the same problem and was told by my local Suzuki dealer that the key no. is on the bootom of the barrel in the ignition lock, but you need to take it apart to get at it and they are held in there with some weird security bolts. I did all this (took about 3 hours including drilling out the security bolts) and the number i got off the barrel was no use any way, how miffed was I
. In the end i took the whole ignition barrel to a lock smith and he charged me £15 (about $7.50) to cut a key. A week later the wife found my key, did she gloat or what!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
So maybe that's the best way, pull the ignition and take it to a locksmith and get a key made. First you'll have to pull it. Tamper proof torx bit size T-30 I think,can anyone out there confirm this?

Thanks Bobbychet

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can check and see if the code is any good for you. I am a locksmith and have several code programs on my computer if you want to PM it to me.

Bobby I was thinking T-30HS, but ive pulled so many modern ones apart for the dealers around here reciently I just assumed these older bikes were as well. But since im finishing polishing the rest of my 92 I noticed they were standard knock offs, once the bolt gets so tight the head breaks off. you either have to do some drilling or a couple other little magic tricks to get them out.

I just ran the series for tthese older bikes and it is a 4 digit number, no letters, should be 6001-7000.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just wanted to thank everyone for their ideas.My dealer just called and said they found my original paperwork and that they had cut 2 new keys,on my way to p/up.theres nothing like that first ride of the season yaahhoooooo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts