Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go home tonight, I noticed that a bit of the plastic is splitting on my kevlar front lines, any suggestions how to stop this. I don't really want to change them as it is just the plastic, what should I do from now on to keep this from happening again?

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
sounds like the sun has started to break them down... replace em... get steel braided, they arent affected by the sun...

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know of some sort of wrap that can be put around them, I have heard of guys doing this with SS lines, come in different colors etc?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would just get a new set of SS braided lines. Just in case, you know? Don't risk it.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I would replace the lines. You ass is worth more than $60.

I have seen the wrap for stainless lines. I think it looks cheesy.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have checked them out completely, and it is just the plastic, the kevlar is fine, but I heard of this wrap to put on them, or any lines that is just for looks, any idea?

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
The wrap is supposed to protect the parts of the bike near the stainless lines. Uncoated stainless lines like to cut grooves in anything they touch, frames, forks, plastics, etc. The wrap isn't supposed to aid in holding the lines together.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But all that I have happening is the plastic/rubber jacket over the kevlar, that keeps the crap off them peeling a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
A piece of the plastic coating on the Kevlar clutch line on my bike got nicked close to the banjo. Put a small zap strap on it and torqued it down. If it was my brake line, I'd chuck it, just due to rampant paranoia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts