Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some ladies Kevlar jeans that offer protection as well as fashion. The problem is that you really have to take a leap of faith since finding them in a retail location is next to impossible.

I would love to hear feedback from any of the other ladies who have purchased some ... good or bad.

It's getting too daggum hot here in Texas to wear my leathers. I would love another option that might be cooler.

Thanks!

·
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
2,124 Posts
you would benefit from a call to either sportbike track gear or revzilla on sizing (of course their feedback would be limited to the products that they carry). They both claim to have experts on call regarding sizing and staff at both are really helpful without being pushy. In my experience, this has always been the case.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I know this is a bit late, but...... Moto Liberty is only 59mins from Italy, TX. They have race suits, leathers, textiles, armor, Kevlar jeans, boots, gloves, helmets, etc. ALL of them can be tried on. They have a huge selection. I purchased $3600 in gear from them. Outstanding customer service also.

Check them out they are well worth the drive. People have even flown in from out of state to go there. Keep in mind they are closed on Mondays. I've gone there more than once forgetting that. Lol.

Moto Liberty, 2821 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #110, Dallas, TX 75234

http://www.motoliberty.com/da_store.asp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ladies forget buying kevlar lined jeans. There is a place that will sew kevlar lining into any pair of jeans you send them. I think its like $150 or so. Ruste protection (type it into google).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey. I have the ones from Cyclegear (their house brand). They are around $80. The smallest size they have is a 4 and I usually wear a 0-4 in jeans depending on the brand (5'5" and 120 lbs, 25 in waist/36 in hips). The jeans are not super attractive but they aren't horrible either, they have some stretchy material in them. I don't trust the Kevlar since it is limited to the knees and tush area. When I wear these jeans, I do wear Bohn armor underneath and it will fit fine. Or, I will wear the jeans with a pair of chaps. They are the closest thing to jeans that I will wear when riding though.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-IRON-WORKERS-Womens-Iron-Motorcycle-Jeans

The jeans do look better than in the pictures. I could send you a picture of me wearing them if you are interested in them so you can get a better idea of how they look.

I do feel safer and wear my race leathers even in the summer. I have ones from Revit! that aren't bad even when it's hot out.

Motorport has the best Kevlar products. You are doing to spend a few hundred ($400) on them and they will custom make them based on a pair of jeans that you send them. You are not going to have high fashion, but their products are the best out there as far as protection.

http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=46&cid=29&Itemid=4

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really like the icon brand reasonably price and great in fashion. I have ran into one issue finding riding gear that is warm without it looking too harley davidson any advice?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I really like the icon brand reasonably price and great in fashion. I have ran into one issue finding riding gear that is warm without it looking too harley davidson any advice?
Be very careful running ICON gear. Although it may suit you in terms of looks, their stuff does not hold up well in crashes at all.

I always recommend Alpinestars, they have a wide range of products from street gear to full track suits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
R_1000
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing