Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday a buddy and I rode to Road America for the races. It was a fine day, lots of sun to make me look like a bloated german tourist with my shirt off. The races were okay, I saw the coverage on Speed channel when I got home.

The gixxer worked fine. My only two complaints are the soot in the end of the tail pipe (it's jetted rich dammit) and the cooler I mounted under my seat is actually a roaster. My ass gets hot after 30 minutes and it is like a toaster oven when you stop and put your hand under there. I gotta get it rejetted and figure out a way to get better air flow around that cooler.

Oh, and I got Kevin Schwantz to autograph the seat cowl
He's a lot taller in real life.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
That's what all the scribbles are? I thought the kids had got ahold of it! Seriously though you need to clear coat over them to protect them. Who else is on there? As for the cooler I am going to switch mine to one designed for streetrods that is 10in wide and has a fan built in. I had a second curved cooler under mine and I made a heat shield out of Alum to protect the tushy.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Sunday a buddy and I rode to Road America for the races. It was a fine day, lots of sun to make me look like a bloated german tourist with my shirt off. The races were okay, I saw the coverage on Speed channel when I got home.

The gixxer worked fine. My only two complaints are the soot in the end of the tail pipe (it's jetted rich dammit) and the cooler I mounted under my seat is actually a roaster. My ass gets hot after 30 minutes and it is like a toaster oven when you stop and put your hand under there. I gotta get it rejetted and figure out a way to get better air flow around that cooler.

Oh, and I got Kevin Schwantz to autograph the seat cowl
He's a lot taller in real life.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn Simon! All those sigs are right in the place I was gonna suggest for a NACA duct... you might be able to get some louvres in the back of the cowl or sumpin eh? Ya gotta get air out to get the air in...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
My ass gets hot after 30 minutes and it is like a toaster oven when you stop and put your hand under there.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's what she said.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Those signatures are very impressive, looks pretty cool on the bike. Why don't you find some of the heat shield fabric that is used on the tank and put itunder your seat, that should help some.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I got to meet Schwantz on Saturday....
-Karl

[ 06-12-2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: KJ1 ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Take a bunch of pics and then rip that bad boy off of there and hang it up in your living room just above the big screen. Get one that doesen't matter if the big oops comes along. It would be a shame to loose that one.
I don't run a second cooler so I cant help you there. Are you shure it is worth the hassle? Beacuse mine gets hot but not through the seat.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other autographs are...

Yates, Hacking and Mladin. I got theirs last summer.

I was going to get a second cowl from Beasly fiberglass ($169) but with getting it, the other tank, and sidepanels repainted. I don't have the money what with being unemployed.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
The Thermo-Tec insulating/reflecting tape works well to keep the heat away from the ass. Trouble is, you also need a roll of DEI's version to stop the Thermo-Tec (waaaay thicker) from eventually peeling off. This works really well on keeping the remote oil filter(s) heat from my butt. They are under the seat hump behind me and it just wasn't too comfortable prior to the tape.

Otherwise, take some burritos with you and use it to warm them up for a snack

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by bcjohn:
Otherwise, take some burritos with you and use it to warm them up for a snack
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But I need Guacamole and salsa for those...how did McDonalds keep the "cold side cold and the hot side hot"?

Can I get fries with that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts