Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running Keihin FCR carbs?

I've got a chance to buy a set for the Bandit, but keep hearing they're harder to set up and they're harder to tune.

What's the point going with a more expensive carb setup if they're harder to maintain?

Clueless in Phoenix.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
they are a better carb...

rollers on the slides, mikunis just slip fit. kinda like comparing a caddilac to a buick, they both will get you there one is just better at getting you there in comfort.

they are not neccesarily harder to tune, problem is a lot less people use them (due to $$$$) so its harder to get decent info on tuning them which indirectly makes them harder to tune

·
Registered
327 Posts
I recently investigated putting an aftermarket flat slide on a single and found the keihin bit were more reaadly avialable then the Mikunis and there was more info out there.

Go back to base pricnciples on the set up and you should be right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check out the Sudco website, they have an online catalog with everything for Keihins. i recently found some 39 FCRs for my 91 750, performance wise a huge improvement over mikunis!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sudco is where i bought mine, they have tech support, so you tell them what your running and they'll send you what you need. Keep in mind racing or street riding. If you have a 1100 they will recommend the 40's, 40's are great for racing only. If your going to do both get the 39's, you'll deal with less filed plugs and having to worry about asses touching your throttle...lol. Anyways I run 39's on my 1127 for the past 3 yrs and haven't had a problem yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts