Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if it's here, but the search function failed me.

What do you guys do to keep your leathers fresh? I did a tackday yesterday and lost my body weight in sweat. I don't want them to smell like a hockey bag when I go to put them on next time. I thought of Lysol but wasn't sure if it would be bad for them. Sorry if it's a dumb question.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
First, use a deodorant that really works, like Mitchum. Next, bring a couple of sets of UnderAmour or something similar as a layer to wear between you and the leather. Put on fresh ones every day. Next, hang up the suit or air it out if you can.

If you want a real trick to keep leathers fresh, use Gold Bond powder on yourself before you put them on. I know that I sound like a freakin' commercial here, sorry. These products are ones that really do the job, so I thought I'd mention the best brands.

If you have any problems with your hands blistering, you can also sprinkle that Gold Bond stuff in your gloves. It keeps your hands from sweating, makes the gloves come off easier, and cuts down on blistering. I'd ridden on the track for years before someone turned me on to that stuff. It works wonders on a hot day to keep your hands dry.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Number one thing....

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0011G1F8S[/ame]

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Keep them dry, and dry them quick. Don't let them stay wet.

Once a season best to get them cleaned too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts