Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem, mostly with the white wheels on my 600. Is there a good method of a) cleaning the flung grease off of them b) keeping them so they are easier to clean on a regular basis (wax/whatnot).

I know this is a pain in the ass, especially after greasing the chain, but anything to keep the "splatter black" wheels more "clean" would help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
darwin said:
I am having a problem, mostly with the white wheels on my 600. Is there a good method of a) cleaning the flung grease off of them b) keeping them so they are easier to clean on a regular basis (wax/whatnot).

I know this is a pain in the ass, especially after greasing the chain, but anything to keep the "splatter black" wheels more "clean" would help.

Thanks.
WD-40 to take the grease/dirt off.
Simple Green to take the WD-40 off.
Wax with any high-carnauba auto wax to make it easier next time (you'll be able to skip the WD-40).

KeS

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Put a nice coat of wax on every once in a while, this should allow you to just wipe the flung chain lube off with ease.

And from just my personal experience, every chain lube has flung a little, some more then other but still....just something you have to deal with

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had silver wheels on my daytona 600. They were a pain so I am assuming my white wheels on my telefonica will be the same way. :mad

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
hahah. thats a pic you took right after you mounted the wheels.

can i see a pic now?

i had an blue white 02 gix. NO Way i could keep those clean.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i also had the wht blu 02 gix. i ended up painting them BLACK and the bike a charcoal gray. the white was just a hassle to clean ALL the time

·
Registered
30 Posts
I concur, I also have 02 600 whith white. A good car wax is great. I took my wheels off and waxed them like a fine chicks A#@ and now I just wipe it off and apply a little wax each time. Simple green is awesome as well but becarefull not to use to much of it on your aluminum it can stain it.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Jon no h said:
I use a little WD-40 on a rag. Cuts right through the grime and chain fling.
+1:cheers

I think i might try the wax on the wheels things too.

G

·
I'm surprised noone mentioned Bug and Tar remover wipes or b&t remover spray with papertowels. Of course make sure it says good for clearcoats. Stuff seems to work great for me, but maybe your suggestions are ever better.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I use this stuff called Wipe Away. It's citrus based, clearcoat safe and works extremely well. It's automotive specific too.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Do you have a chain cover and rear hugger? That will help to keep the wheel a little more clean. If honda cleaner is anything like honda bond, it will work wonders.

·
gixr4life
114 Posts
i just use mothers wax cleaner and it takes the grease off of my swing arm and wheel very nicely and easily. i have a 02 750 and my rear white wheel looks almost brand new except for some chips here and there. i can also say the same for my front when i take it off and do it. the front is alot harder to clean when it is on the bike.
and waxing the wheel is a good way to help take it off also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.