Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it 2 years ago from motorcyclesuperstore. $75 shipped. This helmet is no longer available for sale by motorcycle superstore.

Crashed in it a couple times - but no helmet impact.

Crashed in it Sunday, in the straight away leading to high speed right hander. (on the track of course, I think the turn can be taken around 90+mph or so - I don't know, I don't have a speedo)

Helmet took almost all of the initial pavement impact. I popped right up to my feet after sliding/tumbling to the air fence.
Also thanks to:
Teknic for my suit and gloves
Alpinestar for my boots

Thanks KBC for making a great product and saving my noggin :thumbup I'd have no problem buying a KBC product.

So next time you have doubts about a helmet that's less than $700+...don't.

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
That looks like a nasty spill, glad you're ok! :thumbup

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
A little rubbing compound & you probably can get a few more seasons out of that baby! :punk

Glad you walked away.

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
my tinted shield is undamaged from the crash (clearly I landed on the back of my head :lol ) but I gave the helmet and shield to my girl's little sister.

Including the:
Teknic suit
Alpinestar Boots
Teknic Back Protector
KBC Helmet
Teknic gloves

I had on about $600 of worth of gear.

Keep that in mind when you are contemplating the next $1700 suit.

·
Registered
433 Posts
my tinted shield is undamaged from the crash (clearly I landed on the back of my head :lol ) but I gave the helmet and shield to my girl's little sister.

Including the:
Teknic suit
Alpinestar Boots
Teknic Back Protector
KBC Helmet
Teknic gloves

Your gear served you well, I'm glad you're okay. If she ever decide to sell the shield let me know. I looked and looked but can't find one.

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:lol man she is 14. I can ask her though. I don't even know why she wanted to keep the helmet in the first place :dunno lol

only places I see are across the pond.

·
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
2,124 Posts
send the picture & letter of thanks in & maybe they'll give you a new one for free lol

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts

Including the:
Teknic suit
Alpinestar Boots
Teknic Back Protector
KBC Helmet
Teknic gloves

i crashed in a joe rocket suit worth $800 in a low/mid-speed corner and blew the zipper open and leaving the front of my torso open to the elements a week and a half ago. i kept that in mind when i ponied up the dough for my dainese suit to substitute.

·
Banned
80 Posts
People who pay $900 for a lid and $1700 for a suit are nuts. The gear is nice and good quality but in no way worth all that cash. I've gone down at the track in Bilt gear from Cycle gear and a sevenzerozeven helmet and NEVER had a problem. Held up great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts