Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into a deal on a 96 Katana 750 for a big whopping free. the catch is the engine is toast.

I have a sv650S that will run circle around most bikes in the twisties so this bike will be my freeway rocket.

Obviosly I need to replace the engine, I knwo nothing about Katanas other than their nickname is Kan o Tuna.

What engine can I toss in the bike wiht the least work (im lazy/budget)? Can I toss in a late model non-efi gsxr 750 or 1000 engine in it with ease? (i.e. bolts up)

gimme your ideas. Liek I said, the bike is free so I dont want to break the bank jsut want something fast as hell and a serious sleeper.

Chris
96 Katana project
01 SV650S

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
beats me man... although I would try to get ahold of any gsxr 1100 motor and the rest of the parts you'd need and get it in there. It would take some work, but you'd dust everyone on the road

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
old cradlely frame try the oil cooled section heard people putting oiled cool 750s in it even 1100s but at cost of weight so best to go 750 and bore

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen a 1200 Bandit Engine in the frame of i believea 600., Its on YouTube the thing is a Jet . Before 🚴‍♂️ and After 🏍 Thats what it would feel like im sure.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
an SV runs circles? you mean around other SV's or? I had an SV 1000 at the same time an 03 gsxr, it was apples to oranges.. the SV being the apple... but I have seen some fast SV's my buddy held the title at WMRA for a few years on his in 650 SS onboard an SV but this guy is just a monster rider tho, Josh Ellingson.. good times back between oh 2003 to around 2010.. we tore up the streets time to time.. fun.. miss those days big time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts