Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a gixxer but its close enough. I got the bike running yesterday and rode it around the block, until it completely lost power and died and wouldn't turn back on. no lights, nothing. everything was working perfectly until this happened. the bike is a '97, these models do not have a circuit breaker. I checked the fuses and all are good. only thing I can think of would be ignition switch continuity, unless theres something else I should be concerned about? the battery is in good condition, and the bike was able to run without a battery connected when I got it started for the first time which tells me the charging system is working properly

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had the battery fully charged overnight and the bike powered on normally this morning. so now Ill check to see if the charging system is working properly with a multimeter

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can’t find the multimeter, but I ran the bike again. It didn’t die, but all the electronics (except the low and high beams) died after about 5 minutes while riding around. Pulled the fuses and all checked good, ran it again and had all my lights back. Then they died again. Not sure what’s going on here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts