Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have have K9 the will not accelerate under WOT. The fuel pump and one of the injectors have been replaced. Also new plugs and air filter. I have to slowly twist the throttle for it to accelerate. Anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
327 Posts
How about the throttle position sensor? That's where I'd start

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I guess I'll jump into this....

Why was a fuel injector replaced?

When's the last time you had it running fine?

Was it sitting for awhile?

What was done right before it wouldn't run?

A friend of mine had a bike that wasn't running right. Turns out it wasn't firing on #3 cylinder. Swapped plugs, coil, injector problem still remained with #3. It was fixed by simply cleaning the fuel rail.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
The issue you describe sounds very similar to the fuel starvation issue that we have been having with 2007+ Bandits. That was found to be due to the clogging of a very fine mesh filter screen inside the fuel pressure regulator housing. On the B1250’s, this screen is difficult to see (as it is buried inside the housing) but mine at least was clogged with black crap. Not saying this applies to gixxers (though I note that Suzuki does not seem to bother re-inventing the wheel, i.e. a lot of commonality between models), but you seem to have covered the obvious.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What causes the injectors to go bad? Sitting too long, dirty fuel? How many miles on the bike?

How can we prevent this?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
All of the above. The good news is they can be cleaned, bad news is it doesnt always work. Ethanol is inherently unstable and recently ive been seeing it cause alot of problems gumming things up, it can happen in as little as a month. Carb clean and a 9v pulsed to the injector can sometimes free it up. I dont go more than three weeks without starting my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts