Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2009 gsxr 1000, just installed pc5 with auto tuner, m4 gp slip on, and a bmc race air filter and also blocked off the PAIR valve. Got it all hooked up, the guys at dynojet had me put on the map for the 2 bros slip on. Took it for a couple runs, the bike is very slow through all ranges. What can i do to fix the issue? Ive looked on the forums for some help but haven't really found anything. Thanks guys appreciate it.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
get rid of the "race" filter, for one. if you have autotune, wait for it to adjust. at least a couple of days.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Put it on a dyno with a competent operator who knows how to tune a bike. I went through all this and finally bit the bullet and had mine properly tuned on a dyno.

Results were a good strong running bike with good numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never heard bad things about the BMC filter, and the reason why I bought the auto tune was because there aren't any dyno shops any where close to where I live.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have never heard bad things about the BMC filter, and the reason why I bought the auto tune was because there aren't any dyno shops any where close to where I live.
Not any shops near me either. I hauled my racebike 427 miles one way to get it right. Completely satisfied with the outcome. 170 hp 81 torq on non ethanol premium pump gas with a M4 gp slipon and all the nannies cut off in the ecu plus added a PCV. Mines an 11 model but basically same bike as yours.

Go here and read up on my story.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347354&page=5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it for a couple runs today, accepted auto tune trims and it seems to be running much much better. I appreciate your help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I took it for a couple runs today, accepted auto tune trims and it seems to be running much much better. I appreciate your help guys.
Keep on riding it, even for a week with the auto tune on. Get on long roads so you can roll-on the throttle slowly in every gear to hit all rpm ranges. Then go back and input all the new numbers.

But honestly, if you really want to be satisfied with proper mapping, haul your bike to a tuner who knows what he is doing. No auto tune map will equal someone who know what he's doing on a dyno. :fact

1 - 7 of 7 Posts