Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought this bike knowing there were some issues after a clutch replacement.

Here goes. The previous owner informed me that he replaced the clutch due to it being worn. During a ride after being replaced, the adjuster nut came loose and he rode it home with no clutch. Once home, he retightened the nut, but also stated the adjuster rod was a bit stripped so he removed the clutch cover to ensure it was tight. He described a rattling noise after reinstalling the clutch cover.

I didn't hear the bike run when I purchased because he feared he might have dropped a bolt somewhere in the engine during the clutch install. Once purchased, I ended up removing the oil pan and checked what I could for the missing bolt. I can only assume it wasn't in there because I found nothing.

I put everything back together and performed a fresh oil change and immediately upon startup I noticed the noise then it briefly went away. I thought it might have been the CCT, so I ordered and installed a new one. Unfortunately, the noise is still there.

The noise can be heard during idle, with the clutch held or released, and while riding up to 5k rpms. I also noticed that the bike vibrates more with the clutch released. The noise appears to be primarily coming from the clutch cover area, however when riding, I can hear it right around the manifold side of the head.

At this point, I'm about to drop it off at a dealer to try and figure this out. I'm wondering if I could has anything to do with the clutch basket. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just picked up my bike yesterday. Apparently, the previous owner installed some of the metal clutch disks backwards and the idle gear was missing its washers. She's now good as new!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts