Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here we go.

Bike: GSXR 1000 2009 with BMC filter, Brocks full system, PC5 with custom map.
Ran perfect.

Recently purchased a X-TRE and blocked the pair hose with a marble. I did connect and setup the X-TRE as writen in the instructions.

Took bike out for a spin, runs really bad, have really bad throttle respons and wont go past 3000 rpm. When it gets near 3000 rpm the power is completly gone, I can twist the throttle but nothing happens.

-Took the marble out of the hose, ran the same but could rev up to 4500 rpm.
-Removed the X-TRE still runs bad but can rev up to about 5000 rpm.
-Removed the PC5 and the bike runs fine again as it did before I put the PC5 in last year.
-Placed X-TRE again and the bike runs bad again.

So now I've ripped everything out and the bike runs fine but not as smooth as with the PC5.

I checked the map in the PC5 and it's still there, my QS never stopped working and the PC5 is not giving me any fault code's neither does my bike.

What could the problem be?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Exact same thing happened to a friend of mine last year. Spent hours trying to diagnose and eventually brought it to a shop. They spent a week and couldnt figure out what the propblem was.....until they swapped on a new PCV,problem solved. The Power Commander was bad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope not, I wil install the PC5 again when I have some time and check the TPS settings in the software.

With the X-TRE and without the PC5 the bike still runs really bad. Without both everything is fine. How does that fit in? X-TRE module could also be bad.

If the TPS setting is ok I will bring it to the shop and let them hook it up to their software and have them test the PC5.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I hope not, I wil install the PC5 again when I have some time and check the TPS settings in the software.

With the X-TRE and without the PC5 the bike still runs really bad. Without both everything is fine. How does that fit in? X-TRE module could also be bad.

If the TPS setting is ok I will bring it to the shop and let them hook it up to their software and have them test the PC5.
It definitely wouldnt be the first time a PC went bad. Ive read several threads on different forums about people having problems with PC's&Ignition Modules. Seems much more prevalent in the last few years.

As long as everything works fine when both are removed,it shouldnt be hard to find whats wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will update this post when I have more information.
I'm going to send my X-TRE back and have that tested to.

If they both died..ooeeff some bad luck there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed the PC5 problem by reloading firmware and fuel map. TPS is ok. Bike flies again. Will test the X-tre later this week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tested x-tre again with a rich and leaner map but exactly the same problem. I will send the module back and get a refund.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also got the bike retuned, gained 11hp compared with the previous tune done by another tuner.

Bike runs great again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts