Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a all Black k9 GSXR 750. I want to build a a racing/stunt hybrid bike, i.e. I want to be able to have significant racing capabilty and moderate stunt capability. I am looking for some suggestion on parts and how some of you may go about this. One thing I want as well is a stunt crash cage but I can't find one for my bike. Any suggestions?

I am hoping to build through the winter and spring and have it ready for the summer.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
In my eyes there is no way to build this style of hybrid bike. If you add a stunt cage your adding weight and depending on the cage decreasing lean angle. If you add big sprockets your going to be running 6th gear on the track where you would be running 3 or 4th. I'd pick one or the other and maybe to a hybrid with the street. You can pick up a nice track bike already done up on the wera forum for under $4K.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my eyes there is no way to build this style of hybrid bike. If you add a stunt cage your adding weight and depending on the cage decreasing lean angle. If you add big sprockets your going to be running 6th gear on the track where you would be running 3 or 4th. I'd pick one or the other and maybe to a hybrid with the street. You can pick up a nice track bike already done up on the wera forum for under $4K.
Thanks for the advice man. I figured that was what it would come down to. I like to race more than I like to stunt so that makes the decision easy. Thanx again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Your forks are going to be fucked from stunting to be of any use on the track.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Race it is. I like to go fast more than I like to stunt anyway. I am already ordering 1Carbontech bodywork.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Why did you order that stuff? Its going to be expensive as hell to crash!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did you order that stuff? Its going to be expensive as hell to crash!
It is primarily replacement bodywork for when it is not on the track. I also ordered two sets of regular race bodywork. Run 1Carbontech on the track..... hell no. The tail section alone was 500 Trust me. I feel exactly like you on that one. It is primarily for the off season. I like to keep it attractive off the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts