Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having an issue with my GSXR. The previous owner installed a full Akrapovic exhaust, K&N air filter, and had the bike flashed. He informed me that the FI light was on due to the exhaust servo being removed. I recently put the bike in dealer mode just to confirm and it displayed C46 which does indicate an issue with the exhaust valve. So I decided to purchase the servo buddy to remedy the issue.

Now this is where the problems starts. When I went to install the servo buddy, the servo plug on the bike was nowhere to be found. I traced back every wire and plug to be sure I didn't miss anything and it's just not there. I'm hoping it wasn't cut off.

At this point I don't know what else to do but to send back the servo buddy and pull the wire from the ECU to remove the fault light.

I would appreciate any suggestions or inputs on what to do from here.

Thanks,

Robert

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Yoshimura doesn't show it, but you should plug the hole left by removing the lead. The best plug is the JAE M120-55780. But others can be fashioned. Without it, condensation can get to the terminals and corrode them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ditch the "servo buddy" and just pull the wire for the sensor from the ECU and be done with it. Jump to page 4 and follow the instructions here:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/111800(21,51,61,71).pdf
Is this the same pin for an L5 1k?
I just removed pulley but left the cables and my FI light came on. Then again, I also started the bike without the 02 sensor installed, so the could the FI light be on for that reason too?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The link is dead..I'm thinking to do this mod but I don't have any reference..anybody still have the pdf..care to share? My bike is a L1 1K...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts