Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
just got an L1/2011 model 1000.
Iv had plenty of the ninjas and gsxrs before and have become accustomed to the shrinking boot space under the rear seat. But this 2011 model is insane!
I can barely fit my phone in there and my gloves also struggle.
Also in looking down into it it looks like the base is not contained so keys and other slam things will probably go missing...

Does anybody have some experience in enlarging the available space there or otherwise techniques to enclose the space so small items don't go missing?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,708 Posts
Small things can also go missing. My K6 probably has more room but the issues are similar. Soon after I got mine I found a high security key, probably for a security chain, that had worked its way down and forward towards the ECM till it was lost. Don't know about yours but there's a significant amount of space between the frame rails and the seat tail covers (frame covers on yours). I keep a spare headlight bulb and a couple other rarely accessed things there. The trick is to put them into a plastic bag. You can additionally use Velcro to keep the bag where it belongs. I keep my gloves in the helmet and just barely have enough room for a kickstand pad and GPS.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep. kinda sucks...
did the engineers think we don't really use that space?! its worth its weight in gold!

I remember my old ZX7R, 1 bottle of wine and 2 beers could fit into that storage compartment...

cool. Ill do some experimentation with sealing the section as well as keeping important but largely non-used items in that section between the frame and the outer fairing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts